5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2019 Limited

Reaction score
Sea dog: I have a fully loaded limited Crew Cab with the limited level one equipment group, bed package, trailer package, sunroof, etorque the 3.21 axle.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
For anyone having a few issues with your infotainment, squeaky brakes or some clunk... see above and chill. LOL! :p

No doubt. I had infotainment issues but the software update fixed the biggest ones.

Brakes squealed, but they have been quiet for several weeks after I did a few runs of hard breaking which fixed the issue.

I have the squeak in the center console when pressing with my elbow, but it’s intermittent. Will have dealer look at it at next oil change. Same with the ambient light on top of glovebox (it’s out).

All in all, pretty minor stuff. My BMW X5 had squeaks in the dash the whole time I owned it and dealer was never able to fix.

My Mercedes GL I had before my 2019 RAM, squeaked in the door seals which dealer was not able to fix either, and this was the most annoying noise ever. Creaked every time the vehicle moved laterally when going over speed bumps or uneven surface (which in Houston roads it’s pretty much everywhere).
Loved that truck but that noise was driving me insane. I lubricated the door seals regularly and it would fix the issue for a day or two and then come back. Very frustrating...

My RAM in comparison, is like a tomb. Quietest vehicle I’ve owned yet.
Night performance of backup camera & surround view is exponentially better than my MB was, and the 12” HiDef screen of the infotainment is just unparalleled anywhere except Tesla. Same for the headlights. The LEDs are so much brighter and whiter than the HIDs I had on the GL. There’s no comparison.

Folks, I believe we are driving the best trucks available on the market today, bar none.

Cheers,
Neurobit.

Last edited:

Reaction score
I promised to get back and update after a few more miles. I now have 600 miles and like the truck more each day. It has such an incredibly smooth drive train, it is just hard to believe it is that much better than my Denali. It actually feels stronger in acceleration than I originally thought, once I put it in real life situations. I don't know if it is the etorque, or just the Hemi in general, but I am noticing a almost turbo like surge right before the shifts in the higher gears when running hard. I do not recall that with the standard 5.7 I drove. Not claiming it is the etorque, but it is what I am experiencing. Very pleased with the braking, electronics and the exhaust note is spot on as well. So, I have had zero problems and absolutely love the truck!

Users who are viewing this thread