5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2019 Laramie owner with radio reception problems HELP

AnthroMoto

Reaction score

BoatnBrad

Reaction score
I bought a new 2019 RAM this past Friday. I was at the dealer Saturday reporting the radio problem. They told me that there was nothing they could do that there were updates coming out, but couldn't tell me when. After the research I found this thread and gave the dealer this service bulletin. They checked the truck and it did not have the proper update. They said they followed the bulletin. I returned to the dealer today to get the install. I don't know what happened but I had to leave my new truck because nothing works now as the down load failed. They told me that they would have to get approval to order a new radio and get the truck working. What kind of crap is that? The truck is new. I understand things break go bad etc., but really. I made the switch back to mopar because I do not like many of the other manufacturers trucks. I hope I did not make a mistake. Has anyone he this issue? How long does this take to get fixed?

BoatnBrad

Reaction score
Well I got my truck back today.. The dealer said they had to recover and reprogram the truck. So far so good. I notice my compass works all the time now and radio/phone issues have gone way.. I have new icons on the radio when the truck starts or shuts off the RAM icon appears. Hopefully everything works s it should now.

Mark313

Reaction score
I also have the 50% of the time poor fm reception (8.4 non-nav). one thing I noticed is when the reception is good and I hit the browse button you will see the favorite button, games button and the frequency button etc. When the reception is poor on the FM only the frequency button locations there are no other buttons showing. I showed my dealer this while getting the recalls done and they said there are no software updates for this right now, otherwise clueless.

Kungfubhuda

Reaction score
Bumping this thread. Is there an official resolution to this? I've been told numerous times by the dealer that this isn't possible to fix until Ram releases an automatic software update. I currently have my truck in for service, and the loaner has the same issue. I find it hard to believe that there isn't a fix for this. It seems to be fairly common. I never thought I'd need to worry about a functioning radio in 2019...

ya3coub

Reaction score
WoooooooW i thought it was only my ram

My dealer keep telling me it's fine there is nothing wrong nobody ever complained about the new RAMs.

I'm not in the states :(

I've noticed with the 2016 RAM it's much better & I believe it might be because of the antenna the previous one will have more, but this elegant fish fin antenna can't catch the signal unless it's super strong.

KSOTI

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 2019 Laramie crew cab with the stock radio without navigation. When I start the vehicle, literally 50% of the time, the FM channel will fade in and out as I drive. If I scan thought the stations, it will only find around 4 to 5 channels. As soon as I switch to the AM station and then back to FM station, it instantly fixes the problem and finds several channnels again. In some cases after doing this fix, the surround sound mode sounds like stereo mode until I go into the audio settings, and notice surround sound mode is already selected. When I click the surround sound mode button again regardless, it instantly sounds correctly. I have it at the dealer right now, but they claim there is not a fix for this and Ram is not even aware of this issue. Yet when the dealer tried it on another brand new Ram on the lot, it did the same exact thing. The dealer checked and the radio software is up to date. Clearly this is a problem and needs to be resolved quickly before I start questioning the overall build quality of Rams.
I have exactly the same problem. Did you find a reselution?

lasstss

Reaction score
Well to compound the radio reception issue, all was working fine untill the SXM subscription ran out. Then the radio started to do all that is described here plus, the homelink only works when im right under the opener. Doesnt work from outside. It must be related. Back to the dealer...

Ddavis2708

Reaction score
Well to compound the radio reception issue, all was working fine untill the SXM subscription ran out. Then the radio started to do all that is described here plus, the homelink only works when im right under the opener. Doesnt work from outside. It must be related. Back to the dealer...
I'm jumping in here. My AM/FM radio recently went out, while the Sirius-XM still works. Brought it in to the dealer a couple days ago and noticed the fin antenna was cracked. They ordered a new fin antenna assembly and I have an appointment coming up to have it replaced. Thet say it's going to take quite a while because the have to take oit most of the interior of the truck to get the roof liner out to get to the antenna. Anyone else have this experience?

Lancer1991

Reaction score
Thanks for the SB link. Adding this to the list of things Dodge needs to look at. Odd that they would think it's antenna related when the cycling through bands fix works.

EDIT: Brought to the dealer last week and they couldn't recreate the issue therefore it must not exist and of course not fixed. They told me the software is up to date. Of course if I plug in my VIN to the website I get the same thing, software is up to date. Bringing to another dealer Wednesday and the service guy told me they may have to order a new radio. Guess the question is, if they do couldn't it still be on the old software like the one I currently have?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread