5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nerf Bars

nwpahunter

Reaction score
Who actually makes a nerf bar tough enough to provide protection to your truck? im looking for something that isn’t your typical flimsy China made look good step, I want some protection and a step.

Last edited:

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
@Ryno_B79 is working on these. Check out page 3. Looking forward to finished product!

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Who actually makes a nerf bar tough enough to provide protection to your truck? im looking for something that isn’t your typical flimsy China made look good step, I want some protection and a step.
I've finished my prototype and built jigs. I am going to make a few small changes. They probably won't be noticable to many beyond me. I will also offer a few options for the outer bars (kickout on the rear, no kickout, 20 degree angled up, flat, top tread plate....etc.) I'm working on getting all of my brackets into CAD so I can get a test batch cut by my laser cutter and verify they are good to go. Once that is done, they will be available to the public for sale.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nerf bars are going to give as they are steps, not bumpers.

If you are looking for more protection above car doors in parking lots then I recommend you look for rock sliders. Several companies make them for the 5th gens now.

nwpahunter

Reaction score
Nerf bars are going to give as they are steps, not bumpers.

If you are looking for more protection above car doors in parking lots then I recommend you look for rock sliders. Several companies make them for the 5th gens now.
I had a set of frame mounted nerf bars on an 05 Chevy, way more solid than today’s tin garbage, they saved major damage at least 3 times to my truck.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of mine. They are frame mounted with 11- grade 8 - 1/2" bolts on each side. They weigh 90 lbs each. You can jack the truck up by them with no issues.
DS powder coated slider installed rear view.jpg DS Powder coated slider installed front view.jpg PS Slider Finished Front View 2.jpg PS Slider Finished Under View.jpg

sep1006

Reaction score
I have the Tyger on mine and they are very sturdy and well built. Easy to install as well.
IMG_1312.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread