5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negotiating with a dealer

waffle-cat

Reaction score
Off to buy a lot based 2021 1500 limited, night edition tomorrow. It has most packages .

Trading a car in. But will put a whole lot of cash in (40%).

any tips for getting the price down?

it has also has dealer fit window tints, wheel locks, edge guards and an Apex tracking system. That system seems to be sold as an dealer inventory system which is the sold on to the customer. That package is ~$2000. Which is added to the price seen. Nice!

Any ideas on tactics would be to welcome.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Any ideas on tactics would be to welcome.

Not sure what area of the country you are in check out this thread:
Pick the closest high-volume dealer listed. I am using Denis Dillon, make a list of the features in the truck you are looking at and have them quote you a price. DD in ID gave me a quote in 10 minutes for the truck I wanted.
Go to the Zigler website and get a quote on the warranty you want, they will be the best within $50 of the best price you can get.
Now when you go look at the truck you will know what the best deal you can get is for the truck and the warranty, pay more drive today, whatever, you will be in a position to make an informed decision on what is best for you.
FYI MSRP on my truck was $74K, DD got it for me for $64K, if you decide to order be sure your dealer locks in the 0% rate at the time of order that has been extended until 5-3
Congrats, good luck!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best thing to do is check this thread out.

waffle-cat

Reaction score
Not sure what area of the country you are in check out this thread:
Pick the closest high-volume dealer listed. I am using Denis Dillon, make a list of the features in the truck you are looking at and have them quote you a price. DD in ID gave me a quote in 10 minutes for the truck I wanted.
Go to the Zigler website and get a quote on the warranty you want, they will be the best within $50 of the best price you can get.
Now when you go look at the truck you will know what the best deal you can get is for the truck and the warranty, pay more drive today, whatever, you will be in a position to make an informed decision on what is best for you.
FYI MSRP on my truck was $74K, DD got it for me for $64K, if you decide to order be sure your dealer locks in the 0% rate at the time of order that has been extended until 5-3
Congrats, good luck!
Cheers. I appreciate the feedback. I will take a look.

The lot price is $75K. The area is Tx.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
I have not used him personally but have read lots of forum members have saved a ton with Aaron. He has great reviews, if you get a price from him you will know what the best deal you can get for that truck is. And when you do get a truck we will want pics! Cheers to you as well sir.

Aaron Ginsburgh, New Car Sales Manager at Mark Dodge in Louisiana
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Cell 318-792-1220 (text is great)
[email protected]

waffle-cat

Reaction score
thanks EikoNV. I think I will hold and review my position. i am in no rush. if I may, I may reach out to you again.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most will tell you to stay away from dealers that add on all that “dealer-installed” crap (tinting, wheel locks, etc.). They charge way beyond what the actual costs are for those items and it’s pure profit for the dealership. you can always try to negotiate them out of the deal.

Many members of this forum have special ordered through Aaron at Mark Dodge in Louisiana and have had nothing but praise for the man. He’s easily one of the few dealers consistently mentioned on this site that gives the best deals, with no hassle, no extras, etc.

waffle-cat

Reaction score
Most will tell you to stay away from dealers that add on all that “dealer-installed” crap (tinting, wheel locks, etc.). They charge way beyond what the actual costs are for those items and it’s pure profit for the dealership. you can always try to negotiate them out of the deal.

Many members of this forum have special ordered through Aaron at Mark Dodge in Louisiana and have had nothing but praise for the man. He’s easily one of the few dealers consistently mentioned on this site that gives the best deals, with no hassle, no extras, etc.
thanks, thats another vote for Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread