5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negotiating Question....

ericd

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I'm finalizing my deal on a new limited. $70,480 MSRP. He's showing a dealer discount of $8,094 and rebates of another $2,000 for a total of $60,386 which seems pretty good to me. My question is, he didn't break down the rebates for me yet so I'm not sure what makes up the $2000. I should be getting $1000 from USAA and I'm not sure if it is in there.

*What are the current rebates being offered at the moment?
*Do they equal $2000?
*If my USAA rebate isn't in there can they add it hassle free or are they going to give me a bunch of grief about not being able to go any lower on the price?
*Are those rebates reimbursed by FCA or does the dealer have to eat them.

Thanks for the info. Just trying to work the best deal possible

zer0

Reaction score
Please note the following is my opinion based on my experience when negotiating.

I don't know about the rebates, but tell him you want everything broken out to see exactly what they're going to discount it, then once you know that, if the USAA (or any other rebate) is not there, tell them to add it. If they start giving you a hard time because the price is too low then you tell them:

"Dang right it is, because you're going to give ME the best deal"

Then, once all your rebates are applied, you let them know you'll need another 5k off in order to sign. You go back and forth a couple of times and meet in the middle.

Something like that :)

wirles

Reaction score
You can go to the Ram website and look under "Shopping Tools" and then "View Incentives and Offers". Select the 2019 Ram and then at the top you can select "Offers by Model". You can see all the current rebates for your zip code for each model. Currently in the Southeast there is a 1500 Cash Allowance. Your USAA rebate would be in addition to that rebate. Those two put you at $2500 in rebates alone. I would make sure you look up all applicable rebates yourself and not completely rely on the dealer. Also, it is noted that you cannot use the Military rebate and the USAA rebate together. It is one or the other. Hope this helps a little.

Users who are viewing this thread