5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negotiating now

Britbox1

Reaction score
I live in Torrance, negotiating now with Gilroy dealer. Said they are giving $9,000 off as a dealer discount “but don’t normally on ordered cars because it takes 12 weeks”. That doesn’t make any logical sense. Anyway I still need him to come down $3,000 more to be able to do this deal. I’m curious how much factory incentives there are for truck month. Anyone know ?

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
9000 off what price point?
What trim level as all discounts are not the same on which trim level.
What percentage are you getting?
Mine was 22% off

Britbox1

Reaction score
9000 off what price point?
What trim level as all discounts are not the same on which trim level.
What percentage are you getting?
Mine was 22% off
It’s a normal v8 Hemi, Laramie 4X2, crew cab, short bed, equipment group 1, front bucket seats

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
My sticker was 54,750
Got it for 42.5
It was on the lot and end of December
Mine is fairly basic

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in Torrance, negotiating now with Gilroy dealer. Said they are giving $9,000 off as a dealer discount “but don’t normally on ordered cars because it takes 12 weeks”. That doesn’t make any logical sense. Anyway I still need him to come down $3,000 more to be able to do this deal. I’m curious how much factory incentives there are for truck month. Anyone know ?

Attachments

• Rebates.jpg
    Rebates.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 30

Turin

Reaction score
$48,910 with destination
So, MSRP is $57,910? At that price point $9000 would be a huge dealer discount. It's more likely that the price they quoted you already includes rebates. There should still be room for negotiation, but maybe not $3000 worth of room, and you may have go to a different dealership to get a better price.

The general wisdom around here is that your target price should be 18-20% off MSRP after discounts and rebates (but before trade-in). That would put your target price in the range $46,300 – $47,500.

For reference, I just ordered a Laramie with an MSRP of $60,475. With a dealership discount of $7559 and $4750 in rebates, my sale price will be $48,166 — 20.4% discount off MSRP.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Take the $9,000 off plus incentives, you will not do any better than that. Especially in this area. If you do an order, I would be happy with $8,000 off. That was the best I could do with my order as dealer stated they will only deal the $9,000 off if it has been sitting on the lot a long time. Gilory is giving great deals under new ownership however the service I had when I went there for my order was terrible. Nobody wanted to help or knew what they were doing for an order so I left. PM me if you need a contact somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread