5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negotiating add ons with dealer

Cuppedup

Reaction score
So I’ve got an OTD price on a bighorn CC from a dealer that prior to taxes and licensing is roughly 25% below msrp. I’m planning on calling him back today to go over the next steps of the purchase (this is my first new truck purchase).

What add ons should I ask to throw in? Bed liner, and I’m thinking maybe wheel well liners. Is there anything else I should try to squeeze in there? And how do I go about asking him?

Cuppedup

Reaction score
It has tow mirrors. Is it realistic to ask him to swap them out for the standard color matched mirrors?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly, you’re getting a pretty decent deal as it is with the 25% off MSRP. If you were to ask for any add-ons, I’d just see about the wheel well liners and call it a day. I think the mirrors are unrealistic.

To each their own, but if I were in your shoes, I’d be extremely happy and content with 25% off MSRP and call it a day at that.

gf2020

Reaction score
Sounds like you already have a great deal. My experience has been to pay full retail for the add-ons (bed liner, steps, etc.) but then the dealer installs them at no charge and they are covered by the manufacturer warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread