5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEGATIVE thread of AUTEL scanner

Fbird

Reaction score
So as implied. I purchased an AUTEL 808BT scanner to work on my stable of stuff. I feature I liked was the ability to re-program OEM crap to modified stuff. WELL $700 later (including a $50 auotoauth.com secutiry key) guess what ...CHIT IS NOT SUPPORTED. The only thing i need it to do is change tire size....NOPE ....NOT SUPPORTED.....PITFA

So...WHO knows how to get my speedo correct3ed for the 35"s i put on it?????....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You could of spent $100 to do this with Alfaobd, a cheap odb2 to BT, and SWG bypass module.
Why would you go buy some random "dealership" level tool and not know if it even supported your truck???

Fbird

Reaction score
You could of spent $100 to do this with Alfaobd, a cheap odb2 to BT, and SWG bypass module.
Why would you go buy some random "dealership" level tool and not know if it even supported your truck???

i didn't have this truck YET. Scanner was purchased for the rest of our stuff and it does THOSE things OK. I THOUGHT that SURELY my NEW badass scanner would be able to accomplish such a simple task on a 2 yr old truck so when I started working on this truck i didn't even consider the likelyhood of it not being supported.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
i didn't have this truck YET. Scanner was purchased for the rest of our stuff and it does THOSE things OK. I THOUGHT that SURELY my NEW badass scanner would be able to accomplish such a simple task on a 2 yr old truck so when I started working on this truck i didn't even consider the likelyhood of it not being supported.
It is clearly documented on their website. You can lookup exactly what it can do. On my 22 Ram it can only program tire sensor identifications nothing else related to tires.
Next time research the product before you buy it
Screenshot_20231130-095856118 (1).jpg
Screenshot_20231130-095539576_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread