5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need your help - Winds took a fence down into my truck

MattF

Reaction score
IMG_8941.jpg
Hey all - it was a dark and stormy Halloween here in Connecticut last night - and woke up to a real nightmare. So windy it took the fences down next door and one of the posts hit the truck. It punched a hole in the passenger tail light. Two questions: 1) What is the best source for purchasing a replacement (2019 Laramie Sport - if you have a part number for the light that would be wonderful) & 2) Do you happen to have a DIY on replacing the light

Thanks much!

Matt

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 39070
Hey all - it was a dark and stormy Halloween here in Connecticut last night - and woke up to a real nightmare. So windy it took the fences down next door and one of the posts hit the truck. It punched a hole in the passenger tail light. Two questions: 1) What is the best source for purchasing a replacement (2019 Laramie Sport - if you have a part number for the light that would be wonderful) & 2) Do you happen to have a DIY on replacing the light

Thanks much!

Matt

Sorry to hear that. No advice on #1, but you can see the driver's side removal in these instructions to install the tailgate damper:

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Best source is to purchase online. I’ll try to dig up the numbers for you, but someone may beat me to it.

Alternatively, take the light out (two hex screws and two plastic clips) and you’ll find the exact part number on there.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Driver's Side Part Number: 68262532AG
Passenger's Side Part Number: 68262533AG

This is the one with blackout blindspot.

The installation is very easy, google around and you will see it.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would make sure it didn't scratch the paint or put a nice dent in the panel.
IF the fence belongs to your neighbor, then I would imagine that their insurance would pay for repairs. Or it could be cheaper for them to just pay out of pocket depending on deductible and damage amount.

MattF

Reaction score
Driver's Side Part Number: 68262532AG
Passenger's Side Part Number: 68262533AG

This is the one with blackout blindspot.

The installation is very easy, google around and you will see it.

Thank you so much - I think based on googling that the part numbers might be flipped? Passenger side part # is actually 68262532AG? I'm asking. Also it looks like I need to buy the entire unit with the monitoring ? Again a question.

Thanks again

Matt

Apexcars

Reaction score
IF the fence belongs to your neighbor, then I would imagine that their insurance would pay for repairs. Or it could be cheaper for them to just pay out of pocket depending on deductible and damage amount.

Not sure about your state but that is usually not correct, unless you can show that the neighbor was somehow negligent and somehow that negligence directly lead to this damage. More than likely your neighbor didn't do anything wrong and is therefore not liable for your damage.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We had a windy night in Buffalo, New York as well. Power was off but, for me, no damage. Sorry about your Ram but I guess nobody cares about the Porsche.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you so much - I think based on googling that the part numbers might be flipped? Passenger side part # is actually 68262532AG? I'm asking. Also it looks like I need to buy the entire unit with the monitoring ? Again a question.

Thanks again

Matt

Go to this website and put in the part number and click on Full Diagram

You can find all the factory LED tail light you need, with or without blackout area using the part i provided as preference.

drstein

Reaction score
Same in Ga. Was warm but rained past two days in the mountains then the WIND yesterday late afternoon from the South, wicked. I live in the woods, No trees came down thankfully. Could have been worse for you I guess. Tore up the fence. nice fence too, sorry. Retired from Ct.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It didn't damage the paint or anything? Sorry to see that happen!

1guyandtools

Reaction score
View attachment 39070

Thanks much!

Matt
Sorry to hear about your truck. It should be a comp claim with your insurance. Your rates do not go up with a comprehensive claim. Make sure you talk about the wind I did a estimate on your vehicle and if you have the LED lamps ( 550.00 ) then with repair and paint of the box side and lamp is a little over 1500.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/