5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Wheel Opinions Please - To Paint or Not Paint

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So my wheels just showed up, and I thought I had my mind made up . . . Then the wife saw them, and muddied the water . . . I wanna have the silver machined edges painted Hydro Blue to match the paint . . . She likes them as is . . . Please weigh in and help me make a decision . . . I like them both ways, but I like the painted version, because it will be unique . . . Keep in mind, I'm replacing all of the chrome letters with black, except the grill letters, which you can see will be Hydro . . . Thanks for your help

Attachments

• HYDRO RAM 2.jpg
    HYDRO RAM 2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 55
  • HYDRO RAM 3.jpg
    HYDRO RAM 3.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 55

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Keep the silver. Color matching them is a bit played out. It was neat before wheel manufactures started doing them on a mass scale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Personally I prefer the silver, not color matched.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for your input !!! I can feel myself saving money on the painting, and getting tires sooner

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
Your truck was the biggest reason I’m having Jeremy paint my grill letters, and considering painting the wheels !!!

Well thank you, it’s your decision but I think you will enjoy the look. Everyone has black and milled wheels. While the color match is catching on it’s still different from the average truck.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think it would look good if it was color matched with the truck

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks got all of the replies …. #stillconfused ….. Lol

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Paint the two on the driver side, your preference and then leave the two on the other side for your wife. Happy wife, happy life!

Users who are viewing this thread