5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to remove MAP light cover HELP!

kingkasc

Reaction score
Hello Rammers

So I was replacing my interior map lights to LED. One of my led bulbs fell inside (up top) of the MAP cover. I need to remove this cover anyone know how too

jamesfg

Reaction score
Open the eyeglass holder, there are 2 8mm bolts holding it to the roof. Remove bolts. Pry the console out starting with the end furthest from the windshield then the end closest to the windshield. Your gonna have to put some muscle behind it, the mounting clips are pretty tight.

Vanguard27

Reaction score
To add above, the front (closest to the windshield) is "hinged" (Basicly, they just hook into a plastic part up there), and the clips are about 1.5 inches from the back on the left and right side.. pull the back down with some effort, then once it is lose, pull it down to a 45 degree angle and the front "Hinges" should let go

dsd1212

Reaction score
I would recommend putting the LED’s in when you have the console off. The little metal clips the base of the light fits into is very flimsy. Hold your thumb on the bottom side of the clip and push the bulb in. It will snap into place.

kingkasc

Reaction score
Do note, when you take the 8mm bolts out, to the immediate left and right of them are clips that you need to press to release. Once these 2 clips are pressed, the front portion will come down easily.

My led bulbs seem to be to small to fit. Can u post the bulbs you ordered? Thanks

kingkasc

Reaction score
Seems to be the right width bulb but I can’t get it to fit on the contacts. Like the contacts are to wide? Thanks guys

Attachments

• 9B368096-13AB-4CD9-B5D9-7F613ABA913C.jpeg
    9B368096-13AB-4CD9-B5D9-7F613ABA913C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 140

nicodywill

Reaction score
The material the contacts are made from is a light metal. Just pinch the contacts closer together a bit and move the wires on the bulbs towards the sides of the bulbs a bit and they will contact.

Users who are viewing this thread