5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some Tazer DT help!

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased and installed the TazerDT today and I can't seem to get to the Sub-Menu selection on my EVIC dash. If any users could provide any help/tips/advice it would be much appreciated.

Masorcas

Reaction score
Make sure the truck isn’t on but in the on position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I did that and also as the instructions suggest i let the the truck go through 2 whole sleep cycles.

Masorcas

Reaction score
Did you go to the audio screen on the evic and the press and hold the left arrow key and press cancel while still holding the left arrow?

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you go to the audio screen on the evic and the press and hold the left arrow key and press cancel while still holding the left arrow?

Yes I did and this is where I get confused. I successfully married the tazer to my truck but when I hold left arrow key and press the cancel button 2 things happen. 1 - I can't scroll to anything but "light Show". 2 - The EVIC screen cancels out to default screen

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What's your firmware version? The latest firmware changes some button configs.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
I downloaded the new software and it now doesn't work at all. It's probably the new software version

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I downloaded the new software and it now doesn't work at all. It's probably the new software version
There was mention of a command button changing to accommodate the Pulsar folks. That's probably the issue.

barakutha

Reaction score
Anyone keep getting this msg?

39f3ea61cb79d63c958fb531a1e15357.jpg

barakutha

Reaction score
Anyone keep getting this msg?

39f3ea61cb79d63c958fb531a1e15357.jpg

Figured it out. I had to upgrade the firmware from 18.01 to 18.03. I was pleasantly surprised they had both Mac and pc software. Couldn't get the Mac software to work but was able to borrow a friend's pc.

Works like a charm now.

Just a heads up that zautomotive has two sets of instructions on their site.. one for the older firmware and one for the current. Takes a little more digging to get to the current one

Gsmith223

Reaction score
I am really confused as to why you would buy a $50k then stick a 50 cent piece of Chinese junk in it. These things are known to cause issues. Buy a cheap toy if you need to hack it to death.

Ashmoney

Reaction score
I purchased and installed the TazerDT today and I can't seem to get to the Sub-Menu selection on my EVIC dash. If any users could provide any help/tips/advice it would be much appreciated.

To get to sub menu. Set the dash screen on media and press start button to “run” power (don’t use the brake so that the engine is not running yet!) and then scroll down to ‘’marry” in order for the tazer to connect to the ram module. After that, it should work. It took me a while to figure that out since the instruction wasn’t very clear on few things.

Users who are viewing this thread