5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some assistance please - headlights

Rplante3108

Reaction score
Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read. 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie.

So I unmarried the tazer from the truck the other day to sell. I did use the tazer for when I made the changes for the 8.4 to 12" uconnect. Of course all of that went away, but I do have tbe bypass coming to redo.

My issue and why I added the statement before is because I think may have caused my current situation.

I noticed all day today my headlights where on, but wasn't dark at all today. Nothing showed on my dash. Just my DRL and headlights. Drove tonight to get food. My dash lights came on..fog lights.. it all works fine. I wanted to turn my headlights off to not blind people waiting in the drive through. Turn the knob all the way over and everything turned off but my headlights. It's not a big issue I guess, just curious if anyone else ran into this. I checked all the setting. My light knob is in auto.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is DRL set to 'on' in Uconnect settings? DRL is the headlights running 50%, not the top/bottom accent strips.

Rplante3108

Reaction score
It is, I went through all the setting I could. May try disconnecting the negative on the battery tomorrow.

I'll try switching it on and off tomorrow and see if it changes too?

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is, I went through all the setting I could. May try disconnecting the negative on the battery tomorrow.

I'll try switching it on and off tomorrow and see if it changes too?
If it's set to 'on' then that's your problem. Headlights are the DRL (running at 50%). Turn it off.

Users who are viewing this thread