5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need review of Rough country leveling struts

armymp1130

Reaction score
who has used there struts? i currently have motofab leveling kit 2” but i feel like im constantly having to take it out to tighten the screws so im interested in thisbe ause of the simplicity of just pop it right in

vadedram

Reaction score
I am also interested in the 3.5" struts they. I noticed them on their site. I have the 3.5" lift kit they sell, but I also have a Rebel, so was confused on if the 3.5" struts could replace my OEM struts+RC top hat+RC preload spacer, but I think since I am a Rebel, I will loose 1". But still confused with that.

Kibro2

Reaction score
I just added the RC 2’ struts to my Rebel and it leveled it. It’s really just an 1” lift over current being Rebels have the factory 1” lift. Only had them on for a week or so but ride quality is good. Little stiffer than stock but feels better planted on the road in my opinion. Hope that helps.

spiG

Reaction score
Just installed mine (2") couple days ago but haven't driven the truck more than a few miles for test drive. Can't really say anything about ride as it was to short to really tell but didn't feel to much off from stock. They did raise the front about an inch taller than the rear but I'm hoping they settle after I actually start driving it. Putting on some 33x12.5 on wedmesday with 20x10 -18

Bretth

Reaction score
I’ve had them on since April of last year and they have been perfectly fine. They are slightly stiff but in my option better than a spacer level. I have beaten them up pretty hard and have no issues. They do take a little while to break-in and you will be nose high for a bit.

spiG

Reaction score
Been driving more with the RC and have to say doesn't feel much different than stock. Actually measured and was only a 1/4 difference in height but looks like a lot more due to the fender wells.

Getting new wheels/tires put on today (E rated) so we'll see how she rides tonight after work.

armymp1130

Reaction score
I wouldn’t. I had mine aligned the same day I put them on. Springs will settle but won’t impact the alignment.
How long did it take for yours to settle? my truck sits higher infront than it did with 2” motofab spacer

Kibro2

Reaction score
Not sure it has totally settled yet.. mine is exactly level but I did expect to have slight rake being Rebels have the ORG.
I’ve only out about 250 miles on it since putting them on.

Glank4

Reaction score
Been riding on mine for about a month. I can honestly say it rides just as good as stock. Running 295/60R20 Nitto trails without any rubbing.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 194

Jdel427

Reaction score
I recently had a leveling kit installed with 20x10 rims with 33” tires (fuel assault rims and fuel all terrain tires. The ride is much, much bumpier. Would switching the leveling kit to leveling shocks bring me back to that stock rims/tires ride? Or is it just something to deal with, with the new rims/tires?

Kibro2

Reaction score
If your leveling kit is spacers then these complete strut assemblies will ride much closer to stock. Little stiffer than my stock ride but very acceptable and not bumpy for sure.

Jdel427

Reaction score
If your leveling kit is spacers then these complete strut assemblies will ride much closer to stock. Little stiffer than my stock ride but very acceptable and not bumpy for sure.
Thank you very much for the reply! Just ordered them.

21RamBigHornBlk

Reaction score
Just got my 2" RC struts installed. I didn't expect it to lift the the front an inch bigger than the rear. Hopefully they'll settle, but if not I'll add a rebel rear spring to the rear.

Jay Bird

Reaction score
Just got my 2" RC struts installed. I didn't expect it to lift the the front an inch bigger than the rear. Hopefully they'll settle, but if not I'll add a rebel rear spring to the rear.
Did your struts ever settle? How much?

Jay Bird

Reaction score
I’ve had them on since April of last year and they have been perfectly fine. They are slightly stiff but in my option better than a spacer level. I have beaten them up pretty hard and have no issues. They do take a little while to break-in and you will be nose high for a bit.
How long did yours take to settle? How much did they settle?

Users who are viewing this thread