5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need oxygen sensor help.

nickelwork87

Reaction score
Hello I have been have a bank one sensor 1 trouble code that I have been trying to fix. So about a month ago the light can on and gave me po0032 and po0132 and a po300 . Truck ran great up until this point. I have long tubes never had issue and truck had 56000 miles on it so far at that point. Now I have replaced the sensor twice and everything will be good for like 4 or five days then it's back. I need help does anyone else have a wiring diagram for the o2 circuit. If they do I would be greatly appreciated for any help. Also when I look at my banks monitor it's says that it's stuck at 1.27 volts but if I floor it sometimes the sensor will kinda work again then go back to 1.27. Do I have a control circuit problem or is there something else that I am missing.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
It's not good for 4 or 5 days, it just means it hasn't run the monitor and failed twice. Once it does that, on with the light.

P0032 is HO2S Heater Control Circuit High
P0132 is Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage
P0300 is a misfire.
Ignoring P0032 which has something to do with the O2 heater circuit, the other two sort of interrelate. High Voltage = low oxygen = running too rich. P0300 is a random misfire, which could be triggered by too rich. And when it does misfire, a big load of oxygen goes out the exhaust, which will lower the voltage you see on the monitor.

First question: is it a factory O2 sensor, or is it one of those Universal ones that you clip the wires and re-use the plug? Because they aren't always color-coded the same and you may have hooked things up wrong. The next thing I'd look at is the ground connection for the sensor. Where it goes, no idea. I don't have a schematic. But I have chased my tail more than a few times when the problem turned out to be a bad sensor ground. Remember -- it's a circuit. It has to make a complete loop. An open or high-resistace ground is just as bad as an open signal wire. They're both part of the same loop.

nickelwork87

Reaction score
It's not good for 4 or 5 days, it just means it hasn't run the monitor and failed twice. Once it does that, on with the light.

P0032 is HO2S Heater Control Circuit High
P0132 is Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage
P0300 is a misfire.
Ignoring P0032 which has something to do with the O2 heater circuit, the other two sort of interrelate. High Voltage = low oxygen = running too rich. P0300 is a random misfire, which could be triggered by too rich. And when it does misfire, a big load of oxygen goes out the exhaust, which will lower the voltage you see on the monitor.

First question: is it a factory O2 sensor, or is it one of those Universal ones that you clip the wires and re-use the plug? Because they aren't always color-coded the same and you may have hooked things up wrong. The next thing I'd look at is the ground connection for the sensor. Where it goes, no idea. I don't have a schematic. But I have chased my tail more than a few times when the problem turned out to be a bad sensor ground. Remember -- it's a circuit. It has to make a complete loop. An open or high-resistace ground is just as bad as an open signal wire. They're both part of the same loop.
It does misfire every now and then but not all the time if that makes sense. They were both factory mopar sensors had to go to 2 different dealers to get them. Ok I will look for the ground somewhere. I have a wiring diagram cd coming my way in the mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online