5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need opinions— which tire to get

Bamatide2007

Reaction score
Setup: 2020 ram 1500, 4x4, sport, with off-road package. 3:21 gears. Bilstein 5100 front set to max per instructions using factory ORP coils. (I think it was 1.625), rear has a 2”block under spring.
It has the factory ram snowflake 20” rims which I’m keeping.
I want to replace the falken wildpeak 275/55/20 with a more aggressive look and size. While keeping in mind it’s a “highway queen”
I do not mud in the truck, highway only-even mix of two lane, interstate, and city driving. 50-70 miles per day round trip. We don’t have mountains or snow here in alabama either. No towing or pulling to be concerned with either

I have three sizes in mind but not sure which will be the best.

295/60/20. Which is the Lightest, smallest of the three, while being the safest and most friendly to the truck.

295/65/20. the tallest of the three.

35/12.5/20. Widest and heaviest size of the three. It’s kinda what I want, but it’s going to hurt mpg the most and possibly power as well. Not sure if I would need front spacers either which makes it less desirable.

I like the Toyo at3’s but they are definitely at the high end of the price range. And they are made in all three sizes.
Anyone had Aturo’s or Kenda?
Another brand pop on mind?
Really trying to stay with the hybrid road trail mix.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 04E3B761-942A-4428-8548-6AEABD431074.jpeg
    04E3B761-942A-4428-8548-6AEABD431074.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had Atturo Trail Blade X/T tires on my wife's Jeep and they were good tires. My wife loved them. Definitely had some road noise.

I am very happy with my Nitto Ridge Grapplers but they are all at least E-rated in the sizes you are looking at (20-30 lbs more than stock per tire).

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Setup: 2020 ram 1500, 4x4, sport, with off-road package. 3:21 gears. Bilstein 5100 front set to max per instructions using factory ORP coils. (I think it was 1.625), rear has a 2”block under spring.
It has the factory ram snowflake 20” rims which I’m keeping.
I want to replace the falken wildpeak 275/55/20 with a more aggressive look and size. While keeping in mind it’s a “highway queen”
I do not mud in the truck, highway only-even mix of two lane, interstate, and city driving. 50-70 miles per day round trip. We don’t have mountains or snow here in alabama either. No towing or pulling to be concerned with either

I have three sizes in mind but not sure which will be the best.

295/60/20. Which is the Lightest, smallest of the three, while being the safest and most friendly to the truck.

295/65/20. the tallest of the three.

35/12.5/20. Widest and heaviest size of the three. It’s kinda what I want, but it’s going to hurt mpg the most and possibly power as well. Not sure if I would need front spacers either which makes it less desirable.

I like the Toyo at3’s but they are definitely at the high end of the price range. And they are made in all three sizes.
Anyone had Aturo’s or Kenda?
Another brand pop on mind?
Really trying to stay with the hybrid road trail mix.
Thanks.
I've bought 3 sets of 35s over my last 2 pickups (almost 10 years) ... Nitto Terra Grapplers, Exo Grapplers and Ridge Grapplers... Wouldn't buy anything else! Easily the best quietest aggressive looking hybrid tire you can put on a pickup! My 2012 had trail grapplers on it when I bought it but they were shot, they were loud and rough riding and needed replaced terribly so I bought Terra grapplers... Although they were super quiet they just weren't aggressive enough looking with my 6" lift so I sold them after not even 5k miles and bought a set of exo grapplers (before ridge grapplers came out) which were my favorite up until the point the RGs came out.... Now the only way to go is the ridge. I had over 40k miles on my exo's on my last and they still had plenty of life left when I traded it in on my 5th Gen. I have had nothing but good look and many compliments out of all the Nittos Tires I have purchased and I don't see myself buying anything else!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
With the 3.21 gears go with the smallest lightest tire you can maybe one size up from the stock size, any more and you’ll notice the power loss and mpg drop more than you would with the 3.92s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread