5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need more speed

Cda3488

Reaction score
Just ordered a Laramie GT thinking it has got to have more get up and go. Well, just saw a couple of videos that say there is no performance increase. I want more, what can I add that dosent void my warranty? And I’m not spending 73k on a TRX.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No the filter doesnt help.

You can buy a throttle commander to make the truck more responsive, but thats about it.

Intakes and catbacks dont increase performance, and once you tune it (only thing that will give you more speed) you risk voiding your warranty.

But the paddle shifters and console shifter will make it feel like a race truck!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As @ferraiolo stated, a pedal commander or similar will make your truck more responsive. You can also install a Pulsar, which is an in-line canned tune, which will add a little more enjoyment to your drive. Pulsar doesn't replace your PCM, and can be removed easily at any time if you neede to take the trcuk into the dealer for service. Shorty headers are another add-on that shouldn't void your warranty. Outside of those mods, there really isn't much.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nitrous. Lots and lots of nitrous. ;)

JK.

Pushing 3 tons of metal "faster" won't be done without spending some coin.

Users who are viewing this thread