5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help with Wiring Diagram: 2020 Ram 1500 Throttle Issue

OffroadNinja

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been dealing with a frustrating issue with my 2020 DT 1500 5.7 Canadian spec Ram for the past couple of months. It's been throwing throttle positioning sensor warnings, causing the truck to lose throttle pedal function intermittently. Despite replacing both the pedal assembly and the throttle body, the problem persists.

After some troubleshooting, I suspect the culprit might be worn-down wires in the wiring harnesses connecting the PCM to the fusebox section. The cable marked in red is pressing against the harness section going from PCM to the fusebox and lights everything like a Christmas tree, throwing code P2138. Goes into limp mode and complete loss of the throttle pedal, just infinite acceleration, with (luckily) breaks still working. This did not make for a fun drive in the deep snow the other day.

To tackle this, I'm hoping someone here might have access to or be able to point me in the direction of a wiring diagram specifically detailing this area.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4051.jpg
    IMG_4051.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 3

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been dealing with a frustrating issue with my 2020 DT 1500 5.7 Canadian spec Ram for the past couple of months. It's been throwing throttle positioning sensor warnings, causing the truck to lose throttle pedal function intermittently. Despite replacing both the pedal assembly and the throttle body, the problem persists.

After some troubleshooting, I suspect the culprit might be worn-down wires in the wiring harnesses connecting the PCM to the fusebox section. The cable marked in red is pressing against the harness section going from PCM to the fusebox and lights everything like a Christmas tree, throwing code P2138. Goes into limp mode and complete loss of the throttle pedal, just infinite acceleration, with (luckily) breaks still working. This did not make for a fun drive in the deep snow the other day.

To tackle this, I'm hoping someone here might have access to or be able to point me in the direction of a wiring diagram specifically detailing this area.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Subscribe to alldatadiy, you will have access to your model year specific data.
Advanced DIY Automotive Repair | ALLDATA DIY

Users who are viewing this thread