5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with wheel size

Grip750

Reaction score
I just got my new Ram :) and looking to do some things (custom leather, paint black grill to matching color to look like the sport package, upgrade headlights ti LED assembly, change rims and tires) I am posting pics of what I want but can not decide on 22's vs 24's. Any pointers anybody can give? I have seen some pics with 24"s with the right tire and it looked good........confused. Thanks

Attachments

• New truck.jpg
    New truck.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Verde_Wheels_V24_Invictus_Gloss_Black_Milled_rims_AudiocityUSA_0-04.jpg
    Verde_Wheels_V24_Invictus_Gloss_Black_Milled_rims_AudiocityUSA_0-04.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 29

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A couple of questions, is this a 4x4, do you plan on towing a lot, how are the roads where you are ?

Grip750

Reaction score
A couple of questions, is this a 4x4, do you plan on towing a lot, how are the roads where you are ?
It is not a 4x4 and I do not tow anything. More for leisure and driving around town, picking up some wood or materials at the local home stores.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Then I would suggest the 24” wheels. Now the other thing is are you color matching the wheels, or breaking it up with some silver / black ?

Kevin O'Leary

Reaction score
I had 22s and thw ride was stiff. Couldnt imagine getting much practicality out of 24s unless you put a massive tire on it, which would require a considerable lift.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Around here even with our rough roads guys / gals ride 24” wheels paired with A/T tires. Now for me a 20” with A/T is about as brave as my kidneys will go lol.

Grip750

Reaction score
Then I would suggest the 24” wheels. Now the other thing is are you color matching the wheels, or breaking it up with some silver / black ?
I will have some chrome just to break it up. The rims are black gloss with a polished alluminum edge

PorBoy

Reaction score
That’s going to look sooo good, looking forward to your thoughts..

Users who are viewing this thread