5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help With Options - Any Overlap or Double Counting? 33 Gal Tank Confusion...

Agar426

Reaction score
Went out shopping for a new vehicle for my wife, and on the way out of the dealership, there was a Rebel parked a few feet away from our personal vehicle. My wife was commenting on the lack of space in the SUVs we had looked at, and how dated they looked both inside and out. Passingly I made a comment about how nice the interiors were on the new Rebels. Next thing you know, she's sitting in one, and says "I like this one best."

So, I've been researching the options, etc, and have a few questions:

I actually think the 8.4" screen looks fine in the interior, but wouldn't be against the Rebel 12 model. Ok, the Rebel 12 package seems to come with quite a few of the higher options. Does this render the need for Level 1 or Level 2 unnecessary? She definitely wants the heated seats and steering wheel. Other than that, she's not super picky, although she does like leather.

33 Gallon tank....is this a stand alone option? The last time I went into the "Build It" section, it makes me add Level 1 or Level 2....If the Rebel 12 package offers so many goodies, why should I be forced to dump a couple more grand on another package with redundant options that are already part of the Rebel 12 package? I've emailed a couple of dealerships, and get conflicting answers.

My kids were asking about DVD screens in the seat backs......I can't seem to find anything on that. Is this an option from the factory, or an add on? I am thinking "No" from the factory, but I just wanted to be sure.

Any other things to look out for? I don't want to think I'm getting what I want, but then it comes in and I realize I missed something like the easy down tailgate (my wife would kill me if I forgot that), or whatever.

Edit: Forgot to ask about heavy duty cooling. My last half ton was a '99, and when I ordered the trailer towing group, it added heavy duty cooling......I didn't see that as an option.
Thank you for any help!

Last edited:
Rebel 12 requires Level 2 ~ leather, 12" display, HD, NAV, HK 19 speakers
33 gallon tank's a separate option
light weight dampened aluminum tailgate w/nitrogen shocks
no DVD option
360 cam coming soon

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback 19Jake! Good to know about the 33 gal tank, as it keeps telling me I have to add L1 or L2. Normally I would add one of those anyway, but if I went Rebel 12 package, then I don't know that I would add L1 or L2 with all that the R12 offers.

Rebel 12 automatically selects Level 2...well worth it

Last edited:
Rebel 12 automatically selects Level 2

Understood.....I was just saying that if it didn't make me, I don't think I would order L1 or L2 if I got R12. Thank you for the info! I need to study the options better, and I need to make a list between the R12 and the L2 to see how much overlap there is, cuz it's over $5,400 bucks for the two combined. Is there an option for Heavy Duty Cooling? It used to be tied into the towing package, but that was years ago......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back