5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with leaking sunroof

KaraKoç

Reaction score
So my 2019 Ram Laramie 1500 came with a leaky sunroof when I bought it in Jan 2021. Long story short, it is covered under warranty and dealer I took it to has ordered new seals (there was tech bulletin about it I understand). But I noticed that the two glass pieces do not sit flush when it is closed. I looked at a new 2021 Ram Laramie 1500 in the showroom at the dealer, it has a sunroof and the pieces are flush when the sunroof is closed. I wonder if anyone here with a 2019 Ram 1500 that has a sunroof can post picture of their sunroof in closed position (or just confirm the pieces are flush against each other).

I attached a picture showing a height difference on the left (red arrow) and on the right there is hardly any height difference (blue arrow). To me this difference alone means it is something mechanical. Any thoughts, experiences with this problem, or if you have a Ram 1500 with a sunroof please chime in.

Attachments

• sunroof-2019-ram-1500.jpg
    sunroof-2019-ram-1500.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 76

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
I think you're absolutely right. Possibly the sunroof is off track? Mine sits flush . Is the leak coming from the middle of the glass? Any pics from inside?

KaraKoç

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming the flush fit. I am not sure where the water is coming from. Dealer tested for a leak and the drivers side trim on the pillar was full of water. I think they just used a hose to spray water and it leaked into the truck far more than what I have seen after snow or rain.

Huskymush

Reaction score
Mine was the same way when I took delivery. Brought it in to 2 different dealers and they said it was normal, granted all I was complaining about was wind noise since it rarely rains down here in socal. What I ended up doing was adjusting it myself. All you have to do is tilt the panel up to expose the torx bolts holding the panel to the frame and loosen them. Then adjust as necessary. Hope this helps

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the sunroof issue is resolved, but sorry to hear you still have a leak. It sounds like your dealer is one of the good ones and is taking care of you well. (y)

KaraKoç

Reaction score
Glad to hear the sunroof issue is resolved, but sorry to hear you still have a leak. It sounds like your dealer is one of the good ones and is taking care of you well. (y)
Yeah I was shocked to hear there is another leak. Yes, the dealer has been great so far. The fact that they fixed the sunroof issue was great news for me. On top of that they identified another leak issue and will make arrangements with a body shop to schedule me in. So the dealer have exceeded my expectations.

Six_Swix

Reaction score
So my 2019 Ram Laramie 1500 came with a leaky sunroof when I bought it in Jan 2021. Long story short, it is covered under warranty and dealer I took it to has ordered new seals (there was tech bulletin about it I understand). But I noticed that the two glass pieces do not sit flush when it is closed. I looked at a new 2021 Ram Laramie 1500 in the showroom at the dealer, it has a sunroof and the pieces are flush when the sunroof is closed. I wonder if anyone here with a 2019 Ram 1500 that has a sunroof can post picture of their sunroof in closed position (or just confirm the pieces are flush against each other).

I attached a picture showing a height difference on the left (red arrow) and on the right there is hardly any height difference (blue arrow). To me this difference alone means it is something mechanical. Any thoughts, experiences with this problem, or if you have a Ram 1500 with a sunroof please chime in.
Question for you...

Did you notice any sounds (creaks or cracks) coming from your sunroof?

Mine has been making these sounds. Started happening about a year after delivery. I spoke with my dealership and all they did was spray jigalube all over the seals (which also ended up all over my interior). The noises happen mostly when engaging the suspension on a corner (I.e. entering my driveway on a turn). I have also recently noticed two hairline cracks in the interior trim just above my rear window. Wondering if there is any correlation or if anyone else has encountered this issue

2019 Ram Rebel
5'6"
Crew Cab

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah I was shocked to hear there is another leak. Yes, the dealer has been great so far. The fact that they fixed the sunroof issue was great news for me. On top of that they identified another leak issue and will make arrangements with a body shop to schedule me in. So the dealer have exceeded my expectations.
How did this come out for you? Where was the other leak?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/