5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help ! Need to change tail lights 5th Gen to 4 th Gen.

6ftram

Reaction score
I wrecked as friends truck and I can't afford the tail light on the 2020 Ram 2500 Big Horn. So I need to put 4th Gen in indecent tail lights. I'm not good with wiring my 4th Gen has a 3 prong connection and a 2 prong fot the reverse but the harness his truck has like 10 wires. Which wires go where ????

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
If I was your friend, I wouldn't accept 4th gen lights, nor would I let you butcher the wiring harness. Fix it right or don't touch it at all!
Have you looked on ebay, Amazon, LKQ, etc,,, there should be aftermarket lights available that are more budget friendly than OEM.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Or do a insurance claim against your own insurance. I know mine covers me if I'm driving someone else's car, not that I ever would.

6ftram

Reaction score
If I was your friend, I wouldn't accept 4th gen lights, nor would I let you butcher the wiring harness. Fix it right or don't touch it at all!
Have you looked on ebay, Amazon, LKQ, etc,,, there should be aftermarket lights available that are more budget friendly than OEM.ed
Yes I have, and I guess I'm glad your not my friend. I'm a 57 year old women with very little money and he got another truck. he has given me the truck to use. I replaced he passenger side doors. (Myself, mind you) And now his tail light. At least I'm trying to fix it.

6ftram

Reaction score
Thanks for the crap guys. What you all didn't know is that he did file a claim. But he didn't fix the truck. He bought a new truck. Im really glad I know none of you. The truck I'm fixing hax been given to me to use. I replaced the passenger side door (myself) and I have now replaced the tail lights. A friend does the best they can to fix their mistakes. You are all judgemental, materialistic asses. I am a 57 year old women, who found a way to fix what I messed up. Because that what real friends do. Have a great day.

Attachments

• IMG_20240207_174024_851.jpg
    IMG_20240207_174024_851.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20240501_095029784.jpg
    IMG_20240501_095029784.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 39

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Yes, we are all of the above, and then some. But we are also human and responded to half the story because that's all you gave us.
Knowing the whole story, I would have signed the truck over to you and let you do whatever you wanted. But honestly, knowing your position, I would have made it 100% road worthy before I did. Because you're right, that's what friends do.

Last edited:

6ftram

Reaction score
I didn't want to get into the whole story. I was looking for wires, W/Y W/O W/G, but I found what I needed and these $35.00 4th Gen taillights work great. Oh and my friend couldn't change a battery without help. I'm just thankful for the truck and him. Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

Adjutant

Reaction score
Sorry everyone gave you grief. However, this is a male dominated board, and Im sure everyone assumed you were a guy.
Men can definitely go after each other pretty hard at times.

Ive been told on this board that I shouldnt own a truck if I couldnt figure out a battery/alternator issue on my own.

Regardless, thanks for the additional information. Im sure everyone would have been more gracious with the full story. Glad you are getting it figured out.

6ftram

Reaction score
I'm good, I figured everything out and all lights now working. I'm used to getting grief. I'm not your typical female. I have learned in life to do things myself and if I don't know how to, well you figure it out. Oh and not to be judgemental of others lol

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I didn't want to get into the whole story. I was looking for wires, W/Y W/O W/G, but I found what I needed and these $35.00 4th Gen taillights work great. Oh and my friend couldn't change a battery without help. I'm just thankful for the truck and him. Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.
one reason you got so much crap is you are on a 1500 forum and not the heavy duty forum.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You seem to be angry about the crap you received but you received exactly what you earned with the information you voluntarily provided in your original post.

You were there one who volunteered that you had wrecked your friends truck and could not afford to return it to the condition it was. It was not even necessary that you volunteered that information but it 100% earned you what you received.

Stop winning about criticism that you earned.

Users who are viewing this thread