5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help deciding on tires!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have done so much research my head is spinning. I cant decide which tires to get with my new level. I am getting a 295/70/18. I have it narrowed down to Cooper at3 xlt, the new kumho road venture a/t 52, or yokohama geolander a/t G015. This is a 99% road vehicle and my wife drives it most of the time so I will sacrifice looks for better on road manners. I cant have it be too noisy or she will kill me lol. Anyone have real world experience with any of these?

GP-TEK

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have done so much research my head is spinning. I cant decide which tires to get with my new level. I am getting a 295/70/18. I have it narrowed down to Cooper at3 xlt, the new kumho road venture a/t 52, or yokohama geolander a/t G015. This is a 99% road vehicle and my wife drives it most of the time so I will sacrifice looks for better on road manners. I cant have it be too noisy or she will kill me lol. Anyone have real world experience with any of these?
Any rain or snow?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After 5 sets of the Yokos, they’re always my go-to recommendation for anyone who admits the prioritize on road driving, but still want capability on most any trail. Mad and rock crawling no, pretty much anything else yes. My experience includes Colorado winters in 2wd trucks too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renatboost

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Love the Cooper AT3 - no noise and great on freeway

GP-TEK

Reaction score
Not really. Mild rain. No snow. I'm in AZ.
Coopers are great and American made. That said, they wear a little fast. I am in CA (for now) so hit Snow and Dirt so they work for me. Now looking at your situation, my stocks, while they looked more “street”, they did well in Tahoe snow and excellent on our road trips to SoCal and up to Eureka. They were Bridgestone Duelers H/L Alenza. Rated for Mud and Snow. I do have the 20 inch rims, just to be full info. Nice ride and no noise.

Love the caliber! Considering moving to AZ. Here you need to do a background check just to buy a box.

Attachments

• 55175772-5302-4E99-BA91-BF84BC537124.jpeg
    55175772-5302-4E99-BA91-BF84BC537124.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 28

Reaction score
Coopers are great and American made. That said, they wear a little fast. I am in CA (for now) so hit Snow and Dirt so they work for me. Now looking at your situation, my stocks, while they looked more “street”, they did well in Tahoe snow and excellent on our road trips to SoCal and up to Eureka. They were Bridgestone Duelers H/L Alenza. Rated for Mud and Snow. I do have the 20 inch rims, just to be full info. Nice ride and no noise.

Love the caliber! Considering moving to AZ. Here you need to do a background check just to buy a box.
Thanks for the feedback. I grew up in CA. I had enough and moved out here 10 years ago. Best decision I could have made.

Doc33

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Been running the Yokohama tires for couple of years now, good tire all around except they pick up small pieces of gravel that get stuck in the tread and don't come out very well.

Reaction score
Been running the Yokohama tires for couple of years now, good tire all around except they pick up small pieces of gravel that get stuck in the tread and don't come out very well.
How's the noise on the freeway?

radsters

Reaction score
JUST REPLACED 2014 LONGHORN WITH 2022 LARAMIE. 2014 WAS AMAZING, NEVER NEEDED THE 7/70,000 I PURCHASED DESPITE THE ROUGH WORKOUT AND OFF ROAD USE. I DID DESTROY (PUNCTURES, & SIDEWALL) 3 OF 4 ORIGINAL MICHELINS BY 15,000 MILES, ZERO TIRE ISSUES AFTER REPLACEMENT WITH COOPERS. 2014 WAS %100 STOCK SAVE A LEVEL KIT. THE 2014 CAME WITH 20 INCH WHEELS, THE 2022 WITH 18'S. I WILL LEVEL THE 2022 AND AM HOPING I CAN PICK UP ANOTHER INCH OR MORE WORTH OF LIFT WITH A 22 INCH WHEEL / TIRE PACKAGE. I'M LOOKING FOR IDEAS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. I'M IN MY 70'S AND DON'T WANT TO CLIMB A LIFT ALL THE TIME. THANKS

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I am also in AZ and rarely do any off roading, except when camping with the TT or going shooting. I went with the Yokohama Geolandar A/T GO15's and have been loving them for ~12,000 miles so far. I decided on them because I wanted a good A/T tire that would be quiet on the highway and didn't have as aggressive tread as most A/T tires. I have been very happy with them.

Reaction score
I am also in AZ and rarely do any off roading, except when camping with the TT or going shooting. I went with the Yokohama Geolandar A/T GO15's and have been loving them for ~12,000 miles so far. I decided on them because I wanted a good A/T tire that would be quiet on the highway and didn't have as aggressive tread as most A/T tires. I have been very happy with them.
I ordered the cooper's. Discount tire has a 30 day return policy so the guy said if I don't like them or they are too noisy I can return them and get the geolanders.

Jake103

Reaction score
You will like the at3s, had them on one of my older trucks. Very good in everything never found myself in a situation that I doubted them. I had about 50,000 miles on them before I got rid of the truck, tread was about 5/32s. Never had one complaint with them.

Users who are viewing this thread