5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need corporate help

LamboMitch

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong area. the warranty area seeming stale and need help on a broader audience. long story short i had 3 different dealer experiences all ending up with them either damaging my truck or not fixing it properly. Quick background i am a mechanic and own a shop and after months of them not knowing what to do and chasing their tail i decided to figure out what the problems were and spoon feed it to them. I took it to another dealership and after doing so it still took them 3 weeks to confirm what i said. also after taking their sweet *** time and mind you i already got customer retention involved they still dragged the repair out and gave me bogus answers for a big problem. despite the other stuff wrong the biggest being when the truck had a misfire problem about year ago when the techs at one of the dealership had it the truck was detonating incredibly bad. finally got it somewhat under control but damage was done. i noticed my mileage was getting worse and the truck felt off. i started to do my own testing and found the problem but the cylinder walls and pistons were in very bad shape. truck had an insane amount of blow by and long story short brushed under the rug anything that was wrong. one misdiag after another leading to the end result being that my motor has damage that can't be fixed. i took pics video everything and they sent their technical advisor back out who didn't even bother to check. apparently ran his test which no one can tell me what that was. even the service manager was clueless. i told them if my shop ran like this everyone would of been fired. how can no one know anything have zero answers etc etc. the customer retention dept told me they would buy the truck back. wont tell me anything else, can't answer to anything and everything they say is textbook bs. ZERO accountability for any of their dealers. now keep in mind me being in the industry i have a lot of compassion for this type of stuff and try not to be that type of client. When they couldn't give me some bogus answer that may fly to someone else then they ran out of things to say and then offered me money or buy it back. now the money doesn't solve my truck being messed up which they won't do anything about nor the fact that pushing me to a buy back doesn't help the fact i need my truck and paid a ton of money for it. I'm not sure who i need to talk to but client retention seems like they have no clue how to keep a client and the scarier part is for a company this big that they are this clueless and take zero action or responsibility for their dealerships. at the end of the day they have to keep them in check and if i outlined how they view their relationships with the dealers it would keep all of you from every buying another ram again.

anyways thanks for reading the rant and if any of you have any insight of where to take this from here it would be greatly appreciated!!

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
You've got a 2020 and have driven it for maybe close to three years. If they're willing to buy it back I'd just push on that until they do. I don't know what its worth to fight an uphill battle when they're offering you a good deal especially since it seems like you don't want a ram anyhow.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If they are offering buy back, then take them up in it. At that point they are done spending money diagnosing it, and will not fix it for you

n8zcc

Reaction score
relationships with the dealers it would keep all of you from every buying another ram again.

anyways thanks for reading the rant and if any of you have any insight of where to take this from here it would be greatly appreciated!!
Dealer relationships are how I ended up at RAM after decades of GM and Ford. No improvement in service department relationships, I work hard at staying far away from them. With that said, I've owned three RAMs, a 2013 1500 I traded in on a 2022 1500 ED and a 2015 3500, all of them were basically issue free albeit the 2013 went through about a year and a half of reflashes before everything started to work correctly and every time.

My insight is to take the buy out or you can keep trying to move the pile of dirt uphill without a shovel. I worked in automotive, as an engineer in both hardware, software, and vehicle systems including ECM forensics. As with any career, one gains a lot of knowledge over the years but never ever tell a dealer what is wrong and why. It just doesn't work out well for us. On the other hand, when I was called out to a dealer's service department over a problem vehicle, all of a sudden everyone wanted to hear my input, imagine that!

Mystic Rhythms

Reaction score
What more are you hoping for? This is a serious question, not trying to be a smart***.
If I understand correctly, your truck is damaged and they are offering to give you your money back. Or are they offering less than you paid? If so, I can understand your hesitancy to take the offer.
If they are giving you what you paid then take it move on.

Quint

Reaction score
I was a long-time Ford guy. When I eventually bought my first Ford truck (a Ranger) it had all kinds of problems. I had similar issues as you where I got the run-around. After getting the Better Business Bureau involved, Ford offered to give me a new truck. I think that I ended up paying $700 for wear & tear but ended up getting a better truck. I was wary of getting another Ranger, but the second one was great. I only ever sold it because we finally started a family and I needed a crew cab.

I know that you're frustrated, but dealerships are generally run very poorly. You know that. Take their offer and trust that you will likely not get hit by lightning twice with a bad truck. It happens, they sell lemons some times. They rarely want to admit it but when they offer to buy it back, go for it. Nobody ever gets 100% satisfaction. Each side ends up giving up something.

Users who are viewing this thread