5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need another switched fuse location...NOT F33 or F66

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Folks,

I'm using F33 and F66 for my hardwired dashcam. I'm going to add a hardwired radar detector. I want to find another switched fuse location on the interior fuse panel.

Any suggestions as to which fuse I should use for my fuse tap?

Thanks!

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As said above, use the same fuse spot, but make that a trigger for a relay(s). That's the proper way anyway. Relays only take a small amount of current, milliamps, to open/close - that's the best and safest way to draw power, especially in these picky computers we call our trucks lol

John Jensen

Reaction score
As said above, use the same fuse spot, but make that a trigger for a relay(s). That's the proper way anyway. Relays only take a small amount of current, milliamps, to open/close - that's the best and safest way to draw power, especially in these picky computers we call our trucks lol
That's the proper way but as ProjectMostion said, you don't need it for those low draw items

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I went with F48. Gotta get home and double-check.

I also have to make sure all 3 of my fuse taps (2 for dashcam, 1 for radar detector) have the "hot" leg oriented correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread