5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need another key FOB

yukon42

Reaction score
I only have one key FOB/FOBIC for my truck. Can't seem to get an answer as to the cost of getting another one from the dealer. Can anyone give me an idea how much a key FOB and programming would cost? Thanks!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I only have one key FOB/FOBIC for my truck. Can't seem to get an answer as to the cost of getting another one from the dealer. Can anyone give me an idea how much a key FOB and programming would cost? Thanks!

Hi @yukon42 - I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your dealer on this! I kindly recommend calling our Customer Care Team at 866-726-4636 for further support on this inquiry. They will be able to assist in getting something set up with a local dealer, as well as answering any potential questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to send us a PM if you are in need of any additional assistance!

Mark
RamCares

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just as a FYI: you can get a new fob programmed, but a used fob cannot be reprogrammed. I’ve heard of many buying a used one thinking they could save $$ to get it reprogrammed.
Once a fob is programmed, there’s no changing it.

2020 1500 Canadian Sport 4x4 Delmonico Red

-Nightwind-

Reaction score
When we bought the truck and the guy handed the keys over, he told us not to lose them, because it would cost over $400 to replace one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zogg44

Reaction score
I bought my truck used and it only had one remote. The non-CDJR dealer recommended I buy one from carandtruckremotes.com, $139 for a Limited fob, so I did. A mobile locksmith charged me $150 to program it. I use it every day and have had no problems with it.

yukon42

Reaction score
Well, low and behold, the dealer located a second key for me (although it's obviously not an original). Key works and that's all that matters I guess. Thanks for all the replies folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/