5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Advice on Tires & Rims-2021 Big Horn Off Road- want to replace the disco chrome clad wheels

Dirt Merchant

Reaction score
Oh Great Ram Warriors-so many great threads and knowledgeable info here.
Appreciate any help with tires and rims to help transform my very new 2021 big horn quad cab 4x4, off road into a dirt and logging road but still need to drive on pavement to get to the back county warrior.

Goal is to replace my Chrome Clad -Mattel feel (so painful can't powder coat) 9x20 rims with anything darker preferable matt black with an off road look. With a white truck The chrome clad wheels must go to save my Mental Health
Current tires on it are Falken Wildpeak A/t 275/55/20
Question
Door # 1 Do I remove tires and rims and store them replace with some kick *** rims and tires (white size ?275/60 and when I sell the truck put the OEM's back on with literally 2 weeks of wear on them?
or
Door # 2
Replace the rims with a Darker more off road look and keep the tires
Door # 3-Live with the $1,695 factory option and learn to like chrome

Craft Beers to those with sound advice when we cross paths
Life is good get Dirty
Stay Save

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just buy a set of aftermarket wheels and sell the stockers. Reselling the truck with stock wheels and tires is not going to enhance its value.

When I was looking for ideas for new wheels, I found Custom Offsets. They have a bunch of pics of trucks with various wheel combinations on their website.

I'll buy you a craft beer if you promise to never post, "stay safe" again. That has got to be the most annoying thing to come out of this pandumbic. 🤣

Last edited:

Dirt Merchant

Reaction score
Idahoktm really appreciate your help. Just looked up your link. Also impressed with your wheel and tire selection. Any rubbing or issues

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks! I didn't have any rubbing until I added the Husky Mud Guards. A little trimming of the mud guards solved that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread