5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a new Bed cargo light

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking to replace my cargo box light (center high mounted over cab) with one that actually sheds some light on the cargo in the bed.
Mine shoots straight out, and not down nearly at all.
Any suggestions?

67GeeTeeX

Reaction score
Looking to replace my cargo box light (center high mounted over cab) with one that actually sheds some light on the cargo in the bed.
Mine shoots straight out, and not down nearly at all.
Any suggestions?
I put Lasfit in mine. They work.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thx, but $90 per pair (!)
Wow, must be amazing.
Are there any good options not quite so dear?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got these. Not much is going to change the direction of the lights unless you buy a new third brake light housing, but if you just throw more light in there it'll be better. The link from Bo3liwe is $40 for 1 pair.

I also eventually plan on running an LED strip on the underside of the bed rails wired to a constant switch. Had that on my old truck for 5 years, and worked great.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got these. Not much is going to change the direction of the lights unless you buy a new third brake light housing, but if you just throw more light in there it'll be better. The link from Bo3liwe is $40 for 1 pair.

I also eventually plan on running an LED strip on the underside of the bed rails wired to a constant switch. Had that on my old truck for 5 years, and worked great.

Thx - do you get any errors or such?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope, just plug and play. Housing is really easy to remove, just 4 bolts. Took me maybe 5 minutes to install. Pretty sure the lights don't have a polarity, but I'd test them once you plug them in before you put the housing back on.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the ones from SuperbrightLeds.com and they work great and didn't cost quite that much. If I remember it was around $25 for the pair.

moparleo51

Reaction score
I used lasfit bulbs, I think I paid lime $35

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread