5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEBRASKA TRUCK SHOPPERS BEWARE!

Slnichols

Reaction score
HELP. I have a 2019 Ram Classic Big Horn. It’s been quite a journey with this truck. First, about a month after I bought it (Feb 19) I noticed the bed was a couple of inches to the left of the cab. Turns out, it was the cab needing adjustment not the bed. Drove it for a year fine. 2 months ago I got in and it was dead. The interior lights would work but it would not start—not even try to turn over. I disconnected the neg battery post and waited a few minutes, hooked it up and it started. Drove it for a couple days then, backing out of my garage it died—while moving it just died. It was on the way to the dealer for some warrenty paint repair so I figured I’d disconnect the battery again and drive it over. When I opened the door the alarm went off. Nothing I could do to turn it off. Could not turn the key to off and could not get the key out of the ignition. Pushing the buttons had no effect. Disconnecting the battery silenced the alarm. Had it towed to the dealer. They tried for two weeks to fix it. They changed the ignition module, and it didn’t’ work. They reprogramed the keys and it didn’t work. They reprogramed 1 new key and it didn’t work. They programmed two new keys and said that fixed it (Makes no sense why the second key would help). It also doesn’t make sense how the key fob malfunction would cause the vehicle to die when it’s running. Picked it up and drove 4 hours away and it died while driving 30 mph, in the middle of a busy intersection. They clearly don’t know what’s going on with this thing and won’t pay to tow it back to their shop. They want me to send it to a local small town dealer, 4 hours from home. I can barely get them to return my calls. The service rep says all they can do is have it towed to the closest dealer. HELP.

UPDATE: My dealer (Baxter, Omaha NE) refuses to have the vehicle towed back to them. They insist I take it to the nearest dealer to my breakdown location. I’ve done that. It’s at the shop now and that shop is 3 weeks out. They don’t expect to even look at it for 3 weeks.

UPDATE: Ram care is involved but they are useless. They agreed to have my vehicle shipped to Omaha 10 days ago. As of today there is no scheduled shipment. They tell me they have no information. They have promised me a call from the dealership to discuss a loaner but now they say they won’t discuss a loaner until my vehicle is back in Omaha and they won’t tell me when that is scheduled to occur. Baxter Omaha General manager has refused to call me. It’s been nearly a month since I asked for that call to discuss. The tow driver was willing to bring by vehicle when he had it on the truck but Baxter refused. I understand that things break but the unwillingness of FCA and Baxter to stand by their product is stunning.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
HELP. I have a 2019 Ram Classic Big Horn. It’s been quite a journey with this truck. First, about a month after I bought it (Feb 19) I noticed the bed was a couple of inches to the left of the cab. Turns out, it was the cab needing adjustment not the bed. Drove it for a year fine. 2 months ago I got in and it was dead. The interior lights would work but it would not start—not even try to turn over. I disconnected the neg battery post and waited a few minutes, hooked it up and it started. Drove it for a couple days then, backing out of my garage it died—while moving it just died. It was on the way to the dealer for some warrenty paint repair so I figured I’d disconnect the battery again and drive it over. When I opened the door the alarm went off. Nothing I could do to turn it off. Could not turn the key to off and could not get the key out of the ignition. Pushing the buttons had no effect. Disconnecting the battery silenced the alarm. Had it towed to the dealer. They tried for two weeks to fix it. They changed the ignition module, and it didn’t’ work. They reprogramed the keys and it didn’t work. They reprogramed 1 new key and it didn’t work. They programmed two new keys and said that fixed it (Makes no sense why the second key would help). It also doesn’t make sense how the key fob malfunction would cause the vehicle to die when it’s running. Picked it up and drove 4 hours away and it died while driving 30 mph, in the middle of a busy intersection. They clearly don’t know what’s going on with this thing and won’t pay to tow it back to their shop. They want me to send it to a local small town dealer, 4 hours from home. I can barely get them to return my calls. The service rep says all they can do is have it towed to the closest dealer. HELP.

UPDATE: My dealer (Baxter, Omaha NE) refuses to have the vehicle towed back to them. They insist I take it to the nearest dealer to my breakdown location. I’ve done that. It’s at the shop now and that shop is 3 weeks out. They don’t expect to even look at it for 3 weeks.

UPDATE: Ram care is involved but they are useless. They agreed to have my vehicle shipped to Omaha 10 days ago. As of today there is no scheduled shipment. They tell me they have no information. They have promised me a call from the dealership to discuss a loaner but now they say they won’t discuss a loaner until my vehicle is back in Omaha and they won’t tell me when that is scheduled to occur. Baxter Omaha General manager has refused to call me. It’s been nearly a month since I asked for that call to discuss. The tow driver was willing to bring by vehicle when he had it on the truck but Baxter refused. I understand that things break but the unwillingness of FCA and Baxter to stand by their product is stunning.
I know this was posted a while ago, but honestly, for warranty repairs, there is no requirement for it to be towed to dealer you purchased it from. Usually getting it to the closest authorized dealer is all they will cover.

Users who are viewing this thread