5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation Volume Loud and will not stay turned down.

da_Vinci_of_sorts

Reaction score
I did a search on this and didn't see an exact same scenario but may have missed it...

My navigation works perfect, but every time I start the truck it the lady yells at me... I turn her down and all is well until I start the truck again. I have checked default or start volume in settings and it currently reads "2" which is where I set it, but at every fresh start it actually plays at "11" regardless of this setting.

Also, I regularly run the nav at "1,2,or3" for volume. Anything more is crazy loud. So, beyond the volume not staying, it seems like the scale is off.

Anyone else have this and/or a fix? None of my other U-Connects do this. :(

da_Vinci_of_sorts

Reaction score
With no responses I'm assuming no one else has this... I will make an appointment to have my U-connect reflashed to see if it helps.

sass

Reaction score
There has been some posts about this. I'd have to search a little more but the word is that you can turn up your Nav guidance from the preset "low" level but cannot "preset" turn it down and keep below that number. That's by design of the Uconnect software atm. If you do go into the dealership, please let us know what comes of your experience.

Scouser

Reaction score
@sass is correct... if you turn it down and then turn off the truck, it defaults back to 15. Rather annoying...
I have the same issue, anyone know if there's any software updates to fix this? it's really annoying, sometimes even though it's set to 2 or 3, it still really loud, seems to be very random

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think all the default sound volume level can be change or save, only work until you turn off and on the truck again.

Users who are viewing this thread