5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation voice search

natehawes

Reaction score
Has anyone been successful in using the voice search feature to find places and addresses in navigation? Every time I've tried it gives me results that aren't anywhere close to what I was searching for. If I'm stopped then I can use the keyboard to type it in and that usually works fine. But a lot of times I'm moving when I need to try and find a location and the only option is through voice prompts. I just end up using my phone most of the time.

Dietz5285

Reaction score
I find that the navigation is unreliable no matter how I search, it is an option that I wish I did not have.

slivoman

Reaction score
I have the 12" system and have very good luck. All I do is hit the button on the wheel and just say the destination. I just keep it simple and so far no issues.

mikeofokc

Reaction score
I have had the same frustration with the Nav. I have the 12" screen. When ever I type or say anything to the darn thing it says it cant do that or tell it something else or whatever. When parked it says it has no internet connection. My phone is paired to it and my phone has internet so maybe I need to get my truck a data account or something. Otherwise that 12" screen is just bling and FCA or Uconnect need to lend a ear and helpful advise

John813

Reaction score
No issues so far. Just need to speak clearly in my case.

Search isn't too bad via the touchscreen either.

Dietz5285

Reaction score
Yesterday I was sitting in front of a Walmart store that has been open for at least 5 years, when I asked by voice for nearest Walmart my nearest store choice was 9 miles away!! When I searched by touch screen I was given 4 choices for the Walmart in front of me. Something is not right.

Reaction score
I find that the navigation is unreliable no matter how I search, it is an option that I wish I did not have.
Any updates? Mine will not find anything reliable via manual input and the voice recognition system does not recognize any navigation commands 99.9% of the time. Heck, even the speed limit database is off 35-40% of the time on surface streets in decades long established zones, higher and lower.

lacssj

Reaction score
Late March 2019 nave is still an issue. I downloaded VR guide (httpCs://www.driveuconnect.com/faq.html#voice), but no help.

Cannot "find <city>". "Find nearest restaurants" gives me list including line items in other states. Worst part is that it interprets what should be a nav command as a request to initiate a phone call. E.g. this morning asked nav to "find Donut Queen". UConnect responded with "calling Donna McClain", and started phone call!! I am now afraid to use.

Users who are viewing this thread