5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation screwed up?

limechallenger

Reaction score
So ,I've got a 2020 Rebel with the 12 inch screen. I recently went to Michigans U.P. on vacation. While I was up there I tried to use my in truck navigation . Whenever I tried to use the search function to locate my next destination, it would say "searching offline" and then it would never find the destination! While I was travelling I could see that it was following my route, so I assume it was communicating with the satellite system
Why was it not able find my destinations?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a Map Database in the Infotainment system. I just updated my Software and 2022 maps 2 weeks ago.

Malodave

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So ,I've got a 2020 Rebel with the 12 inch screen. I recently went to Michigans U.P. on vacation. While I was up there I tried to use my in truck navigation . Whenever I tried to use the search function to locate my next destination, it would say "searching offline" and then it would never find the destination! While I was travelling I could see that it was following my route, so I assume it was communicating with the satellite system
You can't use the search function unless you have paid for the SiriusXM guardian subscription. Which is ridiculous for what you get with it. Just use Google maps on car play or Android auto. More accurate and easier to use.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can't use the search function unless you have paid for the SiriusXM guardian subscription. Which is ridiculous for what you get with it. Just use Google maps on car play or Android auto. More accurate and easier to use.
It should still work if you use a street address shouldn't it?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It should still work if you use a street address shouldn't it?
If you know the address you can type in the address and it will accept it. But you can't search for addresses

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello,
Please send us a private message with your VIN and the present software version. We will be glad to assist you further.
Sylvia
Ram Cares

limechallenger

Reaction score
Well ,when I was up north ,I did enter the actual address in the search bar and it did not find anything!

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Where do I find what software version I have?

Users who are viewing this thread