5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation Screen Auto Dimmer ?

Bob G

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we can set the Navigation screen to night mode or auto dim once it's dark ?
I know I can do manually with the right dimmer wheel on the left side dash board, but I bet there is setting hidden in one of the sub-menus to turn a night mode on or off.
Thanks,
Bob

Jim L

Reaction score
Good question, wish it went to night mode automatically

smashweights

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, as long as the dimmer wheel isn't on Max brightness it will change over automatically. Mine stays in dark mode a bit longer than I'd like actually. Check the wheel then scroll through all the Uconnect settings just to check but I don't recall that being one of millions of customizable choices.

snj1013

Reaction score
I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why in the Settings (Settings/Display), the brightness setting for Headlights on was greyed out and couldn't be adjusted. I had the brightness dial set to max (past the detent in the switch). Once I put the dial back below the detent in the switch, now I can adjust the brightness settings.

chrisboyer2000

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we can set the Navigation screen to night mode or auto dim once it's dark ?
I know I can do manually with the right dimmer wheel on the left side dash board, but I bet there is setting hidden in one of the sub-menus to turn a night mode on or off.
Thanks,
Bob
Hey Bob, I was wondering the same thing. I did find that if you turn the right dial all the way up (see image) and then go back down one click, it will show the daytime map during the day and automatically switch to the nighttime map after sunset. The screen and instrument panels will both be very slightly dimmer, but not really enough to notice. See attached images.

Attachments

• 6764F3DB-7912-49DC-A31E-18E4E1C47155.jpeg
    6764F3DB-7912-49DC-A31E-18E4E1C47155.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 26
  • 838A6B8D-84F0-4FAE-947A-98FBD9FC2180.jpeg
    838A6B8D-84F0-4FAE-947A-98FBD9FC2180.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread