5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation Question

Oldphart

Reaction score
I'm thinking of not renewing my Sirius XM subscription. Will I loose the Navi/GPS functions? I'm fairly new in my area and would be lost without it.

Thanks

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sirius/XM Radio is a separate thing. You can cancel it and keep RamConnect and other stuff if you want. I've let everything lapse on mine, and the nav still works. I don't get real time traffic alerts or other services that require Internet, but I have a smart phone that will do that anyway.

Oldphart

Reaction score
Sirius/XM Radio is a separate thing. You can cancel it and keep RamConnect and other stuff if you want. I've let everything lapse on mine, and the nav still works. I don't get real time traffic alerts or other services that require Internet, but I have a smart phone that will do that anyway.
Thanks, I've been thinking about using google maps for awhile. I just wish it would use the full screen (12"). Also, I never continued with the Ram Connect or U connect whatever it's called.

vtcats

Reaction score
Thanks, I've been thinking about using google maps for awhile. I just wish it would use the full screen (12"). Also, I never continued with the Ram Connect or U connect whatever it's called.
Agreed on the using AA full screen. Not a deal breaker but I really wish I knew what (or with whom) this issue is. Stellantis, etc. My brother had his new Subaru a few years and last year I believe they (or someone) finally pushed an update to give full screen. His screen looks like our 12” screen as well.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Agreed on the using AA full screen. Not a deal breaker but I really wish I knew what (or with whom) this issue is. Stellantis, etc. My brother had his new Subaru a few years and last year I believe they (or someone) finally pushed an update to give full screen. His screen looks like our 12” screen as well.
Android fully supports full-screen and custom resolution AA. The problem is on Ram being lazy and never updating their code to allow it to run.
You can get a carplay adaptor to spoof an iPhone and then cast AA to it to get full-screen if you really want.

vtcats

Reaction score
Android fully supports full-screen and custom resolution AA. The problem is on Ram being lazy and never updating their code to allow it to run.
You can get a carplay adaptor to spoof an iPhone and then cast AA to it to get full-screen if you really want.
Yeah and with the layoffs I’m wondering if that will ever happen now. I did read about your alternative but the few items I looked at seem to have horrible reviews. Maybe that’s changed from when I looked into this on my brothers car about a year ago…

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah and with the layoffs I’m wondering if that will ever happen now. I did read about your alternative but the few items I looked at seem to have horrible reviews. Maybe that’s changed from when I looked into this on my brothers car about a year ago…
There should be some good options in the $40-65 range I thought.
I don't use AA but I did buy by Android box if I wanted fullscreen anything and I could just tether wifi from my phone which I never do (or cast to the device itself)
The big thing is the head unit needs to support wired Carplay (which all the 5th gen Ram's do). Maybe someone else can chime in on wireless CarPlay device.

Users who are viewing this thread