5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation Maps Won't Complete Update - Out of Free Storage after Update Attempt

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I downloaded the new 2024.03 maps and put them on a USB drive just like I've done in the past. I had the USB in while I was driving to an out of town meeting about 90 minutes away. It didn't complete update during the drive, but I had to turn my truck off and go to work. When I got back, there was a message saying to reinsert the USB drive (see pic below). About 60 seconds after reinserting the drive, a message came up that there wasn't enough free storage space on your system (see pic below). Now the Nav is even more useless and I can't even load the old maps back in. The only reason this is an issue is because I'm going up in the mountains in 2 weeks and cell service is spotty so Carplay won't work everywhere. If I were staying in town, I'd use Carplay if needed. Anybody know if there's a way how to clear the memory in the Nav to free up storage space?

Attachments

• Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 8
Check your usb and delete any temporary files that are on there.

Well then. Try a reboot. That is, disconnect the battery cable for minute or so. Reconnect the batter cable and try loading the map file, again.

I had this exact issue on my 1500. To cure it I had to do a complete profile delete and radio reset.

Once I did that I was able to update the maps.

I caused this issue from not letting the truck run with the engine on. Found out the hard way the truck shuts off after 30 minutes if the ignition is left in run without engine running.

I have the same problem with the same 2024 update. The dealer said it was unfixable and opened a star case. I will have a new radio hopefully in 2 weeks

I had this exact issue on my 1500. To cure it I had to do a complete profile delete and radio reset.

Once I did that I was able to update the maps.

I caused this issue from not letting the truck run with the engine on. Found out the hard way the truck shuts off after 30 minutes if the ignition is left in run without engine running.
I deleted my profile and recreated it and it's still the same. Looks like I'm headed to the dealer.

My new radio is at the local dealer. I have an appointment for the swap onTuesday

I deleted my profile and recreated it and it's still the same. Looks like I'm headed to the dealer.
I believe the purpose of removing your profile and resetting is to clear as much memory as possible. If you recreated your profile before attempting to reload the maps, try it again with no profiles stored - like a clean install.

I believe the purpose of removing your profile and resetting is to clear as much memory as possible. If you recreated your profile before attempting to reload the maps, try it again with no profiles stored - like a clean install.
I probably did. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. Thanks.

I probably did. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. Thanks.
Clear profile and do a complete factory reset to the radio.

Once reset is done plug in USB and try again. That worked for me and after maps were fixed then I was able to set my stuff back up.

The one time I tried to do a update from USB mine had problems. Tried everything but dealer had to replace the radio.
I got a lecture about doing updates from USB from the dealer but they covered it under warranty.
Tom

You need a new radio unit, dealer will replace for free if under warranty, if no warranty u may be screwed. Same thing happened to me.
Never update unless car is running

The one time I tried to do a update from USB mine had problems. Tried everything but dealer had to replace the radio.
I got a lecture about doing updates from USB from the dealer but they covered it under warranty.
Tom
USB is the ONLY way to do it, maps don't update OTA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back