5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation Cleaner?

PaRamRod

Reaction score
I have a ton of fingerprints on the 12” screen. What are you guys using as a cleaner?

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Get a cheap microfiber cloth. I keep one in my truck and just wipe things down every now and then. Takes the fingerprints off with ease. It is bigger than an eyeglass cloth so I think it works better but an eyeglass cloth would work fine also I suppose.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get a cheap microfiber cloth. I keep one in my truck and just wipe things down every now and then. Takes the fingerprints off with ease. It is bigger than an eyeglass cloth so I think it works better but an eyeglass cloth would work fine also I suppose.
You can find larger sized eyeglass cloths that are just the right size and not too big or bulky. It takes almost no pressure to clear up fingerprints. I keep it in the top glove box and it takes up no room at all.

Ross_krd

Reaction score
I 2nd the screen protector. I have the Kykr one as well... Cleans easily has no scratches does not look like it’s even on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Eyeglass cloth with no cleaner?
I don’t use cleaner. A high quality eyeglass cloth will do the trick and not leave any lint. The dry cloths work on my polycarbonate eyeglass lenses and don’t scratch or leave lint so it’s perfectly safe for the screen.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This works or you can use any cleaner made for eye glasses as well. Doesn't take much.
My wife’s Volvo came with a screen cleaning cloth that is the best I have ever come across. I believe you can buy them online for about $15 (not cheap) but absolutely nothing compares. I’ve had other vehicles come with cloths but they weee crap and left lots of lint. The one from Volvo is incredible and you just use it dry.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go to Amazon and get a screen protector, virtually eliminates all finger prints. I have the Kykr one but plenty of cheaper options that others say are just as good.
+1 to this, I have the same one. What's nice is you can take a microfiber cloth to clean it without worrying about whether the cloth has dirt or sediment on it that may introduce scratches. Without the protector, I was always worried about having something embedded in a cloth and accidentally marring the screen.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Yep, a dry microfiber towel is all I've used on it for close to 2 years now. I've done this on the infotainment screens for years.

Same...at a stop light, I turn the screen off....wipe it down...then mess it all up again with fingerprints. It's just part of the deal...I also have a screen protector cover on it.

Mtsabo

Reaction score
Ive been using chemical guys total interior and protectant on my truck and wifes CRV along with occasional dry lens cloth. Seems to slow down the buildup of dust and fingerprints.

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
Order Nextzett ****pit Premium. You can literally spray it on anything, wipe it down and it will look brand new. It's safe for all of your buttons, screens everything. It's a top level detailing supply made in Germany. Smells great also!

Edit. Are you joking me. I can't spell "Kokpitt" correctly? That's not a bad word. #Facepalm

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Order Nextzett ****pit Premium. You can literally spray it on anything, wipe it down and it will look brand new. It's safe for all of your buttons, screens everything. It's a top level detailing supply made in Germany. Smells great also!

Edit. Are you joking me. I can't spell "Kokpitt" correctly? That's not a bad word. #Facepalm
Well called that stuff ShinySchitt. lol

Users who are viewing this thread