5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nav vs non nav 8.4 uconnect

saltman

Reaction score
I second the trim question, I actually prefer the matte trim! Also what is everyone's take on the screen quality between the two units, I am guessing it is safe to say they are the same resolution and pixel density, but which one actually looks better? The non nav Harman unit is more than likely a Samsung panel and they have always traditionally made very nice hardware in the screen department.

Airstray

Reaction score
I’m 80 and slightly smarter than an idiot I’ve had a vehicle since I was 16 and I don’t remember asking if the vehicle had a spare, turn signal or oil filter that worked. Most items are taken as face value. My point, if you pay $55,000 for a 2020 Laramie with, “(salesman) this Ram has all the bells and whistles”, wouldn’t you expect the damn thing to have navigation? My 2015 Ram Laramie did.

Last edited:

Tika

Reaction score
I’m 80 and slightly smarter than an idiot I’ve had a vehicle since I was 16 and I don’t remember asking if the vehicle had a spare, turn signal or oil filter that worked. Most items are taken as face value. My point, if you pay $55,000 for a 2020 Laramie with, “(salesman) this Ram has all the bells and whistles”, wouldn’t you expect the damn thing to have navigation? My 2015 Ram Laramie did.
there in lies the problem though, always do your own homework.......i would never walk into to buy a vehicle and not know as much and probably more than the salesman.....they dont care, and they dont even know the vehicles in my experience usually.....so I leave it up to myself, and i have no one to blame.....i just talked to one who calls me about the vehicle i inquired about and doesnt even know what truck, trim and after 5 minutes on phone still cant find it......yeah i am going to trust my 55k with this guys knowledge and expertise, lol

sorry to say and i have done it but if you buy a truck and it doesnt have what you wanted or thought it did, its your fault....and i like glossy trim better and would get the nav, why not, your already spending ton of money......get what you want!

Users who are viewing this thread