5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nav volume and CarPlay volume low

Fifty

Reaction score
Picked up my 22 ram TRX yesterday with the 12 inch screen. Driving the 1800 miles home.

this evening after it got dark out and the inside lighting switched, the volume for CarPlay text reading and then the nav verbal instructions got really quiet,

the radio (Sirius) stayed the same. I went to the volume page where it listed radio, CarPlay, nav etc etc.
All were at their previous settings. Nothing was low or high.

anyone have any ideas? Or things for me to check and report back on tomorrow when I get back in the truck?

software version is the C-6 or what ever. Not the newest D which pisses me off. I asked the dealer to do the update during the almost 2 weeks the had the truck, and I paid them to do the “known issues” inspection.
they didn’t because loose fuses hit me this morning…

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Congrats on the new wheels! C is 2 versions ago now. Uconnect5 is unfortunately full of issues, dealers are pretty much zero help and from reading every single post on here on the subject all say ‘your system is up to date’ no matter what. You will have to wait until you truck decides it’s ready for an OTA update. The fact that your Carplay even works at all with that version is pretty much amazing

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When it's reading text/nav directions have you tried adjusting the volume while it's doing it? Mine looked correct on the screen, but was really low for AA. I activated the voice recognition on AA, and once it popped up I turned the volume up. Been fine since.

Now I just wish the phone call volume would stop going to 15 every. freaking. time.

Georgf

Reaction score
Try select volume during Carplay says something, in Google Map and messages it works.

Fifty

Reaction score
I started the truck this morning and was able to get everything sorted. Or rather the sound was the correct volumes….

so no idea…

Users who are viewing this thread