5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NAV update out yet?

CaptBeach

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 new body style with 8.4" UConnect W/O Nav...is there an update/patch/upgrade coming out to add NAV to this?

CaptBeach

Reaction score
I checked my VIN, my system is up to date...but I think you might have misunderstood. My Uconnect does NOT have NAV...only compass. I thought I had read here or somewhere that RAM was going to provide a means via a module or something or other that would allow an upgrade to include NAV on my unit that CAME FROM THE Factory WITHOUT NAV.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 new body style with 8.4" UConnect W/O Nav...is there an update/patch/upgrade coming out to add NAV to this?
8.4 and 8.4 Nav are different, no upgrade, requires replacement. It is discussed somewhere on the forum but I do not have that link at this time.

Jako

Reaction score
8.4 and 8.4 Nav are different, no upgrade, requires replacement. It is discussed somewhere on the forum but I do not have that link at this time.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Map data update not due until Jan 2021, so I was told by the data provider

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I don't think the system in the current RAMs offer a software only update to add NAV.

From what I understand, the Nav unit has GPS & LTE connectivity for remote functions and HD radio. The system before the DT generation could be updated with from the dealer to enable NAV/connectivity. The current system are two different units and cannot be upgraded due to hardware limitations.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Having had uconnect for the last 7 years (6 with a Jeep Grand Cherokee) that aall Nav updates are you either purchase and have th3 usb delivered or You purchase, download and put on a usb.

Usually about $150 for the upgrade.

with car play not sure I will upgrade as even when I upgraded before it seemed out of date compared to the phones maps

Users who are viewing this thread