5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nav help question

Cudapower

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me how to make my 8.4 navigation stop going back to the default distance of like 100 ft ahead of the truck. I manually set the map distance out to a longer distance and after a minute or so it automatically changes back to the closest setting. I hate that not seeing what is down the road a distance. How do I get rid of that default? Thanks

SSN765

Reaction score
Try turning off auto zoom function in the nav settings.

Cudapower

Reaction score
Thanks for that suggestion, I tried it and it works. I had my auto zoom set on far because I thought it would be the farthest out. Nope. That function is a little confusing. But shutting it off and then using the plus and minus buttons works great.

Bobp

Reaction score
I’m going to try that tomorrow!! I just moved from a 2017 GMC Denali to a 2020 Laramie and the differences in the gps, cruise control, automatic bright lights (what a joke)are ridiculous! There are features that you have to turn on or off every time you stop/start the vehicle where as GMC believes I’m smart enough to turn on or off one time and then leave it alone unless I choose to change! I’m new to the forum and don’t really know how it works so please have patience.

Bobp

Reaction score
Turned off the Auto Zoom and it now stays at the zoom level I choose. One irritating feature checked off the list!! Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread