5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N-Fab Predator Pro Side Steps Installed

ClinchMountainRam

Reaction score
I installed the Predator Pro side steps. Easy install, cleaning the paint off of the threaded studs took longer than mounting them. I used the Bosch BHD8M125 8mm - 1.25 High-Carbon Steel Metric Hex Die that I ordered from Amazon to clean the paint off the studs. I ran the die onto the studs with a 1" socket. I checked the cleaned threads with one of the supplied nuts as I went along to make sure I wasn't messing them up in some way. The Predator Pro is all aluminum, and comes in one piece with no bracket-step assembly required. Lined up with the studs perfectly. Only complaint was that the supplied washers could have been bigger/stronger and sometimes wanted to slip down into the bracket holes/slots. I started using better washers when I realized what was happening. I did use a torque wrench to keep from over-tightening. RealTruck has a pretty good install video on Youtube.

I like the look of the steps, something kind of different. Coming from old-school nerf bars on my 2006, it is taking me a while to master the proper foot placement of the entry dance with these drop-steps. At first when I would step out, my heel would tend to hit the main bar instead of the step. Just paying attention a bit more is all it took to solve the ungraceful exit.

20210423_143718.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread