5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My wipers are driving me crazy

yellowboy

Reaction score
So my wipers have never flipped over since I owned the truck. They just skid and chatter across the glass. The dealer replaced them once - they are just as bad if not worse. I take it back again they say they are working fine.
No kidding it was sunny and 80 not raining !

Would changing the arms make a difference or can they be adjusted ? Maybe a better brand of wipers ? Thanks

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So my wipers have never flipped over since I owned the truck. They just skid and chatter across the glass. The dealer replaced them once - they are just as bad if not worse. I take it back again they say they are working fine.

Would changing the arms make a difference or can they be adjusted ? Maybe a better brand of wipers ? Thanks
I would try a different brand first. Maybe some RainX Latitude wipers. If that doesn't solve it...maybe the problem is with the arms themselves.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe your windshield itself has a layer of something on it causing the skidding?
I would try really cleaning your windshield with Windex or something stronger like rubbing alcohol. And then clean the wiper blades too and then spray a hose on the windshield while testing them.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I see you have a 2019. Did you buy it new? Are they the original wiper blades? The factory wiper blades worked fine for about 6 months, then they started leaving streaks. I upgraded them to Bosch Icons and am happy with them.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Windshields coated with a hydrophobic coating can chatter. That could be ceramic or one of the glass specific coatings.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My 19 has the worst wipers of any new vehicle ever. I wonder if they don’t pair well with the shape of the windshield. I get my new 2021 in a few days I hope it’s better in many ways!

smashweights

Reaction score
I have Bosch Icon wipers and mine did that this past week on a road trip, drove me nuts. Got better temporarily after using the washer fluid but would come back

GAscooter

Reaction score
I see you have a 2019. Did you buy it new? Are they the original wiper blades? The factory wiper blades worked fine for about 6 months, then they started leaving streaks. I upgraded them to Bosch Icons and am happy with them.
This is my experience as well.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As a wiper blade/clear windshield fanatic, the one thing I've noticed over many years of driving is that you need to use your wipers often if you want them to stay soft and not chatter. I spray/mist my windshield almost daily and blades last me a year or more sometimes.
They can't sit idle for weeks at a time or they get stiff.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As a wiper blade/clear windshield fanatic, the one thing I've noticed over many years of driving is that you need to use your wipers often if you want them to stay soft and not chatter. I spray/mist my windshield almost daily and blades last me a year or more sometimes.
They can't sit idle for weeks at a time or they get stiff.
Very true... especially for me living in a desert. I use my windshield washer and wipers once a week and that's helped a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread