5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My unbiased/non brand loyal 1k mile review of my 2021 Laramie

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Here is my completely unbiased/non brand loyal review of my 2021 Ram Laramie.
I hope you guys find this informative.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Fantastic review - thanks!

I am looking around at Laramie’s and there’s a lot of great info here for me.

One question I had regarding the seat and hunching forward - how tall are you? I’m 6’7” so I’m hoping this isn’t a concern for me

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Fantastic review - thanks!

I am looking around at Laramie’s and there’s a lot of great info here for me.

One question I had regarding the seat and hunching forward - how tall are you? I’m 6’7” so I’m hoping this isn’t a concern for me
Thanks for viewing. Glad you found it useful.
I am 6’. I will say these seat backs seem a little on the lower side.
I’ve seen guys your size sit in them (TFL truck guys) and seems the headrest is like middle of their back.
Deff try and sit in them for some time if you can.
I almost want to say the curvature of the seat backs is different or just that upper cushion is shaped weird maybe. I figured it was worth mention as I noticed some back pain after a trip that was almost 200 miles round trip.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You admit your preference of small forced induction engines, then disparage the 5.7 Hemi. Sorry, but your inherent bias disqualifies your opinion. If 0-60 times is your priority, then why in the heck did you buy a Ram 1500 in the first place? To compare a normally aspirated V-8 to a turbo charged 2.7 is disengenuous to say the least, whether it be a Ram, Chevy, Toyota. You also seem to gravitate to aggressive styling. That's fine because it's subjective. I agree with you on this point. The GMC Sierra has a more aggressive look, but what it does not have is the look of sophistication, which better describes the Ram. Obviously Ram is not trying to appeal to the testosterone prone part of the market.

Regards,
Dusty

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your back is hurting after sitting in the seats, check the lumbar adjustment. My son would adjust the lumbar out when he drove my car. I would then drive it and after a short trip, my lower back was hurting. I realized he had the lumbar adjustment set. For my back, I needed to have the lumbar completely deflated.

I also find too many people have the seat back set too straight up, causing the head rest to force your head forward. I have my seat reclined so that I can sit back comfortably with shoulders touching the seat, but the head rest is not touching my head. The only problem with these forward facing head rests is that having the seat reclined in this way, makes me need to reach for the wheel. I then need to adjust the seat forward so that I'm at the proper distance. It's all fine tuning and adjustments.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
You admit your preference of small forced induction engines, then disparage the 5.7 Hemi. Sorry, but your inherent bias disqualifies your opinion. If 0-60 times is your priority, then why in the heck did you buy a Ram 1500 in the first place? To compare a normally aspirated V-8 to a turbo charged 2.7 is disengenuous to say the least, whether it be a Ram, Chevy, Toyota. You also seem to gravitate to aggressive styling. That's fine because it's subjective. I agree with you on this point. The GMC Sierra has a more aggressive look, but what it does not have is the look of sophistication, which better describes the Ram. Obviously Ram is not trying to appeal to the testosterone prone part of the market.
Regards,
Dusty
Ram solely appeals to the testosterone part of the market. V8! Lol
Where did I say anything about 0-60? Why would I care about 0-60? I said it wasn’t as fun to drive because of the power band.

The GMC Deff looks more aggressive, but yes I agree the RAM looks more sophisticated. I am a sophisticated guy with a sophisticated career, so this appeals to me.

If your back is hurting after sitting in the seats, check the lumbar adjustment. My son would adjust the lumbar out when he drove my car. I would then drive it and after a short trip, my lower back was hurting. I realized he had the lumbar adjustment set. For my back, I needed to have the lumbar completely deflated.

I also find too many people have the seat back set too straight up, causing the head rest to force your head forward. I have my seat reclined so that I can sit back comfortably with shoulders touching the seat, but the head rest is not touching my head. The only problem with these forward facing head rests is that having the seat reclined in this way, makes me need to reach for the wheel. I then need to adjust the seat forward so that I'm at the proper distance. It's all fine tuning and adjustments.

I typically would keep my lumbar fully out. I started keeping it in on this truck to test since my back hurting.
It’s actually my upper back bothering me and not lower.
I have been back and forth with trying to figure if more straight up or more reclined helps my posture.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my 2018 F150, the proper seating position for my back still left the head rest hitting me. I took the head rest off and removed some of the forward bend in the head rest posts. It worked great until I gave that piece of crap back to Ford!

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know that when I get on the freeway and have to merge with 75MPH traffic I have no problem with the acceleration, and love the sound. Also, when pulling my trailer(10000#) I have no problem either. Plenty of power to get up to speed. Also love the sophisticated yet aggressive look. I also have done 4-8 hour stints on the road and have had absolutely NO problem, and Have a bad back to boot and am 6'-1". My $0.02, end of rant. ;-)

rbundy84

Reaction score

When I traveled more for work, it was somewhat tedious/annoying to get the seat/lumbar support just right on a car/truck....#tallguyproblems

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I know that when I get on the freeway and have to merge with 75MPH traffic I have no problem with the acceleration, and love the sound. Also, when pulling my trailer(10000#) I have no problem either. Plenty of power to get up to speed. Also love the sophisticated yet aggressive look. I also have done 4-8 hour stints on the road and have had absolutely NO problem, and Have a bad back to boot and am 6'-1". My $0.02, end of rant. ;-)
I do not find the getting up to speed to be a problem. It has the low end grunt with 392’s you would expect from a decent cubic inch v8.
However, I do not feel it has much up top. I just feel the powerband is short lived for my liking.

Users who are viewing this thread