5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Uconnect tripped out

Z mann R2

Reaction score
So I get in yesterday to head to the beach and the radio is dead silent. No music will come out. I take the positive battery lead off for 3 mins and put it back on and the radio works again except now my reverse camera doesn’t work and the AC only works on “MAX AC”, all other settings blow hot air.

So I take off the battery lead again and this time I lose SiriusXM. Like the button is no longer there AT ALL anywhere. The ac and backup camera are also still f****ed.

So I say screw it and go to the beach anyways. As we leave the beach 4 hours later, everything is normal again.

My radio is still on 19.43.1a so nothing was updated.

Wtf was that??

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah the sound freezes sometimes...
Don't unplug the battery next time because it takes a few minutes/hours for the truck to sync with all the modules and some features aren't going to be available right away(i.e: backup camera, ac, controls)
What you need to do whenever you can't hear anything is you need to press the buttons on the back of the steering wheel, the ones that changes tracks and channels... press them about 5 times quick and it should fix that.
It happened to me about a month after i got the truck, i found out about this method online, pressed the buttons and it never happened again.

Users who are viewing this thread