5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My truck won't connect to Wifi for software updates

Reaction score
I've tried both my home wifi and the hotspot that came with the truck, but uconnect just says "connecting...please wait" and never changes until I cancel it, then it says it cant connect.

I've made sure my passwords are correct.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've tried both my home wifi and the hotspot that came with the truck, but uconnect just says "connecting...please wait" and never changes until I cancel it, then it says it cant connect.

Updates are sent OTA through cell signal.

U

User_3336

UC4? UC5?

U

User_3336

you actually should the latest version of the UCONNECT software as it is a 2023 (I do.).

If you are referring to MAP UPDATES in the Navigation, you can download them FREE of charge on a '23 model.
(it takes about 40 minutes to update). The download is about 17GB.

Reaction score
I was jjst fooling wth this again. it specifically has a setting that allows software updaes through wifi, but it still wont connect. The passwords are correct.

i tried re-settin everything and starting over, but it didnt do any good.

Any way to chat with RAM about this?

beetlespin

Reaction score
Why would you not ask your dealer? Your truck is a 2023? Could be something not working correctly.

U

User_3336

the question has already been answered. 2023 UC5 updates are delivered by cell towers.

Mine already had the latest version. What version does yours have?????????????

RamBum

Reaction score
Wouldn't a 2023 Ram already have the latest updates?

John Galt

Reaction score
I tried to connect to my WiFi as soon as I got it home and parked it - same experience. There’s definitely an option to connect to home wifi for updates but it didn’t work for me. There appear to be some conflicts in function since the WiFi hotspot won’t work when you’re connecting to WiFi Ram won’t let you leave it in “client” mode which is what your WiFi needs to be in order to connect automatically.

I was interested in getting this working as I intend to disable my cell modem. However I’ve since learned that the cell modem and WiFi are on the same module so when I yank the power and antenna on the cell modem I’ll lose wifi as well so I stopped trying to figure out how to make it work. I’ll just use the USB method for upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread