5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Truck Ordering Experience (10/15/2018 - 12/06/2018)

Tropez

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I figured I would start my own thread in regards to tracking my truck order.

I couldn't find what I wanted on the lot, or within a massive distance without buying a bunch of extras I didn't want so I just decided to order one customized just for me.

Here are the specs:

tlowH8t.png

As you can see, the sticker is $62,050. My dealer (a manager at a local dealer, and a friend of my in-laws) has told me that the price will probably be closer to $53,000 off the lot, depending on the incentives available once the truck actually arrives. I utilized the USAA car buying service to start this process which is supposed to give me an extra $1000 worth of a discount.

I haven't had them quote the warranty but I have had the lifetime warranty quoted from two different popular outfits so far so I have a ballpark of the cost:

7BA1sOV.png

Here is what it will look like::

Ln9pFjy.png

FDewZKo.png

Accessories:

Note: I'm going to try and stick with Mopar brand accessories as much as possible so that they will be covered under the lifetime warranty I plan to purchase.

I wanted the black tubular side steps but they were unavailable in the ordering system when the order was placed, so I'm going to have to do something else there. My dealer is hoping he can order them through the parts department at some point prior to the truck arriving. If not, I will probably get one of these two options:

Tb7Z37L.png

I want a hard bed cover, not the soft one that you can order with the truck. Looking at this one here:

Fzei5pl.png

I want to add window air deflectors, I liked having them on my old truck:

wkgaOQx.png

I want a front air deflector to keep chips off the front of the hood, I liked having one of these on my old truck:

i9n5Oqn.png

The Mopar mud flaps / splash guards have a really goofy design so I'm leaning towards the WeatherTech brand ones:

huwsIOx.png

Milestones:

10/15/2018 - Confirmed specs with dealer, order placed.
10/22/2018 - VIN assigned.
10/26/2018 - Called RAM, they said my truck is in "D" status and that orders are usually in that status for about 30 days.
10/31/2018 - Still in D status.
11/5/2018 - FCA order status code is now D1.
11/8/2018 - FCA order status code is still D1, estimated build date of 11/29.
11/12/2018 - FCA order status code is still D1, this time the guy on the call said he didn't see any "date" listed. Strange, how did the person I last talked to see one?
11/12/2018 - Sent a text to my dealer asking for an update from them. "It's in line to be built, estimated ship date is 11/20 but they are never right."
11/20/2018 - Truck was still in D1 status yesterday. As of today it’s in “G” or “Trim” status and it “should be done in a day or so depending on options.”
11/28/2018 - Truck is in KZ status. Should arrive in the railyard in KC on 12/7.
12/6/2018 - My truck is on the dealer lot!
[END]

Last edited:

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I couldn't find what I wanted on the lot, or within a massive distance without buying a bunch of extras I didn't want so I just decided to order one customized just for me.

Here are the specs:

tlowH8t.png

As you can see, the sticker is $62,050. My dealer (a manager at a local dealer, and a friend of my in-laws) has told me that the price will probably be closer to $53,000 off the lot, depending on the incentives available once the truck actually arrives. I utilized the USAA car buying service to start this process which is supposed to give me an extra $1000 worth of a discount.

I haven't had them quote the warranty but I have had the lifetime warranty quoted from two different popular outfits so far so I have a ballpark of the cost:

7BA1sOV.png

Ln9pFjy.png

FDewZKo.png

Accessories:

Note: I'm going to try and stick with Mopar brand accessories as much as possible so that they will be covered under the lifetime warranty I plan to purchase.

I wanted the black tubular side steps but they were unavailable in the ordering system when the order was placed, so I'm going to have to do something else there. My dealer is hoping he can order them through the parts department at some point prior to the truck arriving. If not, I will probably get one of these two options:

Tb7Z37L.png

I want a hard bed cover, not the soft one that you can order with the truck. Looking at this one here:

Fzei5pl.png

wkgaOQx.png

I want a front air deflector to keep chips off the front of the hood, I liked having one of these on my old truck:

i9n5Oqn.png

The Mopar mud flaps / splash guards have a really goofy design so I'm leaning towards the WeatherTech brand ones:

huwsIOx.png

Milestones:

10/26/2018 - Called RAM, they said my truck is in "D" status and that orders are usually in that status for about 30 days.

[END]

would seriously consider weather tech mud flaps. lots of posts on them vs mopar ones - all other accessories are great.

Ram92131

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Here are the specs:

tlowH8t.png

7BA1sOV.png

Ln9pFjy.png

FDewZKo.png

Accessories:

Tb7Z37L.png

Fzei5pl.png

wkgaOQx.png

i9n5Oqn.png

huwsIOx.png

Milestones:

[END]
That seems like a pretty well-equipped truck. Assuming you wanted a Rebel as opposed to a Limited, what didn’t you order?

Tropez

Reaction score
That seems like a pretty well-equipped truck. Assuming you wanted a Rebel as opposed to a Limited, what didn’t you order?

Yeah, I liked the look and aestetics of the Rebel. Very few options I didn't get, lol.

robe2388

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Here are the specs:

tlowH8t.png

7BA1sOV.png

Ln9pFjy.png

FDewZKo.png

Accessories:

Tb7Z37L.png

Fzei5pl.png

wkgaOQx.png

i9n5Oqn.png

huwsIOx.png

Milestones:

[END]

Hey man, I think if you use USAA you are already at 1% below invoice. Check on that.

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
Great Post... I am right behind you... dealer should be ordering for me on Monday.

Tropez

Reaction score
Not sure about that. Maybe it's just not listed? I'd be surprised if they have heat but no vents especially since this is the highest level package available. We will see.

Bigguy

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Here are the specs:

tlowH8t.png

7BA1sOV.png

Ln9pFjy.png

FDewZKo.png

Accessories:

Tb7Z37L.png

Fzei5pl.png

wkgaOQx.png

i9n5Oqn.png

huwsIOx.png

Milestones:

10/31/2018 - Still in D status.

[END]
My truck as well - minus the roof and box, but had to have the tow pkg.

Mason1217

Reaction score
Not sure about that. Maybe it's just not listed? I'd be surprised if they have heat but no vents especially since this is the highest level package available. We will see.
Any status update on the build? You may be the rebel 12 test mule lol. It will be cool to have our 1st rebel 12 owner on here.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great info, thank you for being so thorough and sharing so much practical, usable info

Wishing you the best of luck with the build & delivery times, and of course the very best once the truck is in your hands. Hope it's a great experience for you!

bsmith144

Reaction score
Any status update on the build? You may be the rebel 12 test mule lol. It will be cool to have our 1st rebel 12 owner on here.
I have one ordered also. Have been sitting in D status for 16 days. Starting to wonder if they were really ready to start building Rebel 12 when they decided to release it.

Tropez

Reaction score
No updates yet. I called yesterday and still in D status.

Tropez

Reaction score
Just got the call from my insurance. They are processing the payoff for my stolen truck this week. They extended my paid-for rental through next Thursday the 8th. I hope they get this truck built ASAP, it's going to suck being without a vehicle for weeks.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got the call from my insurance. They are processing the payoff for my stolen truck this week. They extended my paid-for rental through next Thursday the 8th. I hope they get this truck built ASAP, it's going to suck being without a vehicle for weeks.
What truck did you have stolen?

Users who are viewing this thread