5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my truck got hit

What does everyone have for insurance? I'm always down for a better insurance company.

I'm with Progressive and currently have Emerald+ discounts wtih 3 vehicles, 1 ATV, and 2 houses.
we have been with state farm for 35 years. we have 3 vehicles, a bass boat, personal items, and homeowners' insurance with them.

IMO the problem with discount insurance like progressive is when it comes time to payout.

Have made numerous claims with Progressive and never had an issue with payout, costs, etc.

My homeowners with another carrier has gotten stupid expensive and I need to shop it. Seems I have a "legacy" policy with "too much" coverage (no pro-rated deductibles, etc.) that's costing me double.

What does everyone have for insurance? I'm always down for a better insurance company.

I'm with Progressive and currently have Emerald+ discounts wtih 3 vehicles, 1 ATV, and 2 houses.
Here’s my issues with progressive.
Small accident forgiveness, $500.
You can’t scratch the paint for that much.
I was Diamond, had about a $2500 claim for a bumper damaged by a mid sized trailer that hopped off my hitch, pictures elsehere.
Bought my truck in August of 2023. New.
Accident happened in January of 2024. Less than one year old, but NEXT Calendar year.. they wouldn’t cover OEM replacement parts because of next model year.
I paid a couple hundred extra out of pocket of OEM.

Then, despite being diamond, raised my rates over 30%.
4 vehicles, home, 1 Harley.
I asked how this didn’t fall under large accident forgiveness… they said since it was your own fault, not somebody else’s, it doesn’t qualify.

Went to Citizens. Cheaper by about 20%, before the rate hike…
I had zero issues with Progressive paying out the funds, the timing their speed of service. Zero issues there. Not paying for OEM less than one calendar year and raising my rates like they did…that’s all I needed to shop around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back