5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my truck got hit

cerbo

Reaction score
My truck got hit while parked. Looks like a trailer dragged across the front as I was backed in a spot and on the corner spot. Waiting for estimate to determine if it goes the insurance or not. ($500 deductible ). I asked my insurance already and they said it COULD go up at renewal even though no one driving.

IMG_2574.jpeg

My truck got hit while parked. Looks like a trailer dragged across the front as I was backed in a spot and on the corner spot. Waiting for estimate to determine if it goes the insurance or not. ($500 deductible ). I asked my insurance already and they said it COULD go up at renewal even though no one driving.

View attachment 190249
that sucks, I would perturbed especially if they didnt leave a note.

If your insurance goes up as a result of this accident, I would change insurance carriers. My insurance, USAA, would treat this same as if I were hit by someone without insurance and it would not affect my rates.

If it’s progressive, it’ll go up.
That’s fine, my rates going up was a good thing for me, forced me to shop around, find a MUCH better deal on 4 vehicles and home insurance and paid them off for a year instead of the 6 months I was doing with Progressive.

Sorry about your luck cerbo… no respect for personal property now a days.

That’s fine, my rates going up was a good thing for me, forced me to shop around, find a MUCH better deal on 4 vehicles and home insurance and paid them off for a year instead of the 6 months I was doing with Progressive.

Sorry about your luck cerbo… no respect for personal property now a days.
AGREE WITH THIS 100% SHOP AROUND I PERSONALLY USE A INSURANCE BROKER AND CANT COMPLAIN SINCE I MADE THE SWITCH.

Thanks all, I got liberty mutual for years, I have a lot of discounts too. I m waiting to see the bill first. With $500 deductible I can t see myself putting out 1500-2000 cash. Tried looking at part prices but it was a little hard to nail that down so I ll wait. I m guessing $2500 ?
Never had a chargeable accident in decades, no tickets.

The bezel below the headlight alone will put you north of $500 once you factor in material and labor.

I'll echo the comments above - any insurance company who raises your rates on a minor no fault claim is not one worth having your business. Even if you do go forward with the claim and shop around afterwards, you should have no trouble finding competitive rates to what you have now.

Filed claim online, picked body shop who happens to be a Certified shop with my insurance company. Probably a month wait time with this well respected and busy shop.

Thanks all, I got liberty mutual for years, I have a lot of discounts too. I m waiting to see the bill first. With $500 deductible I can t see myself putting out 1500-2000 cash. Tried looking at part prices but it was a little hard to nail that down so I ll wait. I m guessing $2500 ?
Never had a chargeable accident in decades, no tickets.
At least $2500 and likely quite a bit more. I recently just had my grill only replaced after hitting a deer and that alone was well over $1000. Bumper cover will cost much more plus filler panel and possible headlight assembly. Structure damage underneath that isn’t seen usually will quickly add up as well.

At least $2500 and likely quite a bit more. I recently just had my grill only replaced after hitting a deer and that alone was well over $1000.
correct on the grill depending how many parts are broken on that alone, ranges from 300-1000. Mind has such a light hit or scrape that I think it's only the outer part. But I agree on $2500. Now it s only $500 from me.

correct on the grill depending how many parts are broken on that alone, ranges from 300-1000. Mind has such a light hit or scrape that I think it's only the outer part. But I agree on $2500. Now it s only $500 from me.
Parts usually aren’t bad. It’s the paint/labor that really adds up quickly.

Maybe theirs security cams at the facility you parked at?
There was not. Talked to the insurance rep today and he said there would not be an increase in premium with my history or lack of with them. Also it was parked and no involvement by me. I ve been happy with Liberty for decades now. He said the bodyshop has the freedom to do the repair as they now see fit. OEM (new) parts.

That's why I changed from Allstate to USAA many years ago. I had a shopping cart blow across a parking lot and slam into the side of a new car. It clearly fit within my policy definition of comprehensive damage and I had no deductible for comprehensive. Allstate argued that because the shopping cart collided with my car it would fall under collision and they charged me a deductible and changed my rates. I think their logic was borderline criminal but I just changed to USAA.

What does everyone have for insurance? I'm always down for a better insurance company.

I'm with Progressive and currently have Emerald+ discounts wtih 3 vehicles, 1 ATV, and 2 houses.

Attachments

• ProgTier.jpg
    ProgTier.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 9
IMO the problem with discount insurance like progressive is when it comes time to payout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back