5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Truck experience since Bought in July

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought my truck new in July. Has a 6/18 build date. It is a Limited Crystal Black Clear coat 4WD 22" Wheels Black interior and air ride. I did not originally plan to buy a 19 RAM because I was scared of new gen issues. It was tough to resist once I went and saw one while getting my 13 serviced. The day after I bought my truck we headed to Houston about 4 hours from my location. The drive was fantastic. Was extremely happy and thrilled with the new purchase.

The problems started with the clunk. That was a pretty annoying situation. The dealers were not up to date on the noise and had no resolution at that time. They do now and trucks built 10/18 after are not part of the TSB. I was able to get the clunk to go away after some tinkering. Finally had a new rattle/clunk come up and an oil leak this time. So a dealer trip was warranted. Took it in and they threw a new steering rack at it, didn't fix it. Next they did the body mounts. and that didn't resolve it either. The next part they tried were the tie rod end links and that finally fixed it. The oil leak apparently was a loose oil filter. I had them do an oil change so I can have a fresh start there to make sure.

Since it was at the dealer I had them do all the recalls and TSBs done also. Such as the amp update for the HK system. That was a great update for the overall quality of the sound.

I was very angry and frustrated overall negative as evident if you viewed some of my posts around that time. My truck has 4100 miles on it now and I started test driving other brands to see if it may be worth going another direction. I can say it is not. There is no other truck out there that is as quiet or rides as smoothly or is on the level of the 19 RAM. Start with the interior. Its just flat out incredible. You feel like you are siting in a high end European vehicle. The 12" screen is great. The comfort of the seats are best I have ever been in. The amount of storage you have in the console a the ram bins is great. I use the bins as coolers on trips and they work great for that.

I drove an 18 Ford F150 Limited. It was ok. The interior is Blue though. I couldn't get passed that. The truck was Black but the blue interior was ugly in my opinion. So they said look at the 19 Limited. Same truck but it now has dual exhaust same as the RAM halfway cut into the rear bumper. IT also now has the High Output 3.5 Eco boost. It was a tire shredder for sure. It felt nice but having a RAM and driving the F150 you just can feel the difference and how much nicer the RAM is. Especially at the price point the Ford F150 Limited I felt like I would be losing not gaining. I drove a Raptor and its a limited in different clothing. I just do not like it for me. Nice truck and the 19 Raptors add really cool suspension tech and Recaro seats but they are almost 90k when you get them loaded. Just not a Truck for me.

I drove a GMC Denali just out of curiosity. Ill just leave it at I wasn't impressed.

I got my truck back a week ago and been driving it at what I think now is 100% and having no noises no apparent issues and I have really found myself falling back in love with it. The grass is not greener on the other side in my opinion. I know people that own the brands I mentioned will argue and that is entirely their right to feel the way they do. I am not starting this to make it about one brand versus another I am making this thread to express my experience and my ownership of my RAM. I know it can be hard to have a troubling vehicle and some of us have legitimate lemons. It happens. It happens in all brands.

I just wanted to let you guys in on my experience so far and what I have been through and how I am feeling now. I hope that those of you that have issues do get them resolved and remember that new vehicles when issues arise they do take time to figure out. These techs are dealing with all new vehicles and have to learn as anyone would with something new.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad you are still in the Ram. Seems to me that FCA is pretty decent and eventually getting issues resolved.

I came from a new generation 2018 Mustang that had issues, but the problem was dealing with Ford, my dealer, servicing dealer and Customer Care. ****tiest experience ever. Ford eventually bought it back under Lemon Law.

So far my experience with Ram has been wonderful.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad you are still in the Ram. Seems to me that FCA is pretty decent and eventually getting issues resolved.

I came from a new generation 2018 Mustang that had issues, but the problem was dealing with Ford, my dealer, servicing dealer and Customer Care. ****tiest experience ever. Ford eventually bought it back under Lemon Law.

So far my experience with Ram has been wonderful.
I’ve heard a lot about ticking coyotes. I have to say that the dealer I dealt with and service adviser were great to deal with. Took a while to get it back but it got back to me fixed.

End of the day I’m enjoying the truck again and if this is the list of issues than I think I’m good. I forgot to mention I had a squeak in the console lid they replaced it and it not only took care of the squeak it made the lid feels more solid also

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A big thank you to you and the other gentlemen who handled (with FCA) the issues with assembly and the like - putting up with the ****, the warranties etc, so the rest of us could have problem free trucks.

I have a late november build, and THUSFAR, I have none of the issues you had to put up with (The clunk), or others.
Because of your work, I and some others got better trucks

OP, thank you very much! I'm glad it's just so damn good, that even AFTER it momentarily let you down? Put you through some ****?
It was good enough to earn your trust back.
Sounds like a winning product to me!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well written and some great thoughts on jumping ship, only to realize there is nothing for the same dollar that will touch the new Ram, they've really dialled it in.

It's soooo greasy having to deal with dealership shops, corporate help desks and clueless salespeople. But as @19RamLimited said, walk into a GMC dealership and the drip coffee maker is in the same corner, the salesman seems just as clueless and the cherry on top is the GMC rides like a 1946 Willys Jeep. Brutal.

This was refreshing, reminded me of my days struggling with the FCA over my 16 Rebel air ride nightmare... I stayed the course, played the game and ended up in my dream truck, 99.9% trouble free.

Users who are viewing this thread