5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My screen went nuts!

nitz2005

Reaction score
I drove today for 2 hours, the first hour everything was fine, in the second hour everything started to go bad!
The screen became dark, but not completely, I could see it but barely like the lights were off. When I got home I was about to turn off the car, press the push to start button and once the car was off the screen became bright as normal!
I turn the car on again, and it is dark, can't see anything! same thing over and over. Since I had zero ideas about what to do, I went online to check what is the problem. Many people recommended to unplug the battery - so I did. The result? DISASTER!
Most of the apps got deleted! The screen is still dark! My backup camera doesn't work!! I don't have the app I always had before. I can't use the seat heaters because this option is not available !
It seems like the entire screen went to an older version!
and moreover, now the actual screen where it says the miles fuel, etc doesn't have any light when the car is running - when I stop it is working. absolutely a huge nightmare.
This is a brand new 2019 dodge ram 1500, since I bought it 3 months ago all I have with this car is problems!!
I hope this is something simple, but honestly, I wish I would never buy it - so many problems!!

KcRay

Reaction score
I've re read here about similar situations, people have pulled the negative battery cable off for a few minutes at the end of the day. Let sit overnight and all came back to normal.

nitz2005

Reaction score
I pulled the positive one out. I can't use the backup camera this is just insane...

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Give an hour or so your apps will all return. Might not cure the other problems

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Check the roller dials by the left knee area on the dash to make sure it is not at a dim setting.

Sv250

Reaction score
Mine did a similar freak out. I disconnected the battery for 10 min. Hooked it back up and apos were missing others were in red.

Turned it off made a service appointment but two hours later when i started it all was back to normal

CityHicks

Reaction score
Mine took 24h to find all the things again after disconnecting the battery. You don't have to take it to the dealership, just leave the battery plugged in and it will eventually talk to the mothership and start working again.

nitz2005

Reaction score
As you said, about 20 hours later I turned it on and everything got back to normal.
This system is just so weird. The fact there is no way to reset the screen that is the most absurd

BrewDudeBob

Reaction score
That happened to me last night. I was leaving a friend's house and I sat the screen was on but is was all white lines. I tried turning off the radio button and turning it back on. That didn't work. I tried turning the truck off a couple times and no dice. I had to get home so I went on my way. Stopped at a gas station and when I started the truck up this time the monitor screen worked, but it was gray-scale and you could see the pixel lines. After a few minutes it was crystal clear again. Working with no problems today. I wonder if there is a loose connection somewhere? Not having a reset option is definitely frustrating because I have no idea what just happened. This better not be an ongoing issue.

KcRay

Reaction score
Also read somewhere, to give the computer a moment to boot up b4 throwing it into gear after you start up the engine. Don't just start the truck and instantly throw it in gear, let the screen boot up!

Users who are viewing this thread